Mudvayne - Lost & Found

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mustard, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Best Mudvayne CD to date. This is one of the few bands, that in my opinion, keeps getting better and better. And I am extremely picky, as well as extremely hard to please. The CD is simply amazing. I don't think theres a song on it that I don't like. But my favorite off the top of my head are 'Happy?', 'Fall Into Sleep', 'Choices', and 'TV Radio'. All of which just have a powerful presence.

The song Choices, as I listen to it, is easily one of their best songs ever. Chad, like always pulls of being melodic and in tune with the band and vise versa. It's a GREAT example of how tight this band is. Simply amazing.

2. so ive heard, im not much of a heavy metel head banger myself i like that punk rock

3. Oh man, you've got to listen to the CD. This is my second time listening to it. For me CDs usually get better in time because I notice subtle things in the songs each time I listen to them. The second time around is almost orgasmic because I took a step back to really listen... Which has left me thinking, 'Whoa'.

4. Nu-metal isn't really something that I've ever liked much. I'm more of a punk rock, hip-hop, and classic rock kinda guy.

5. I don't consider Mudvayne to be "Nu-Metal"... But regardless, it's a great album.

6. i like the fith song not to bad
    dont get into to much hard stuff

7. i really dig mudvayne (pun totally intended)

yet to hear Lost and Found, but I still haven't decided whether I prefer LD50 or The End of All Things To Come.

call them 'nu metal' if you want. i think they're far too original to be pigeon holed in such a way.

8. i've wanted to check it out but alas, i am broke. my friend nick let me use his, it RUUUUULESSS

9. That's exactly why I don't call them nu-metal. It's too easy to throw around that term anyway. It can encompass anything from limp bizkit, to linkin park, to mushroomhead, to motogrator. Which they all have completely different sounds. But they can all be considered Rock... Because that is the basis of the music. So I just consider Mudvayne Rock. I consider anything Rock-like to be Rock. Except Punk and any sub-catagory/branch of it. Mainly because Punk is sewage (IMO) and I don't like the thought of it contaminating any other good thoughts of Rock.

10. Yeah, it's a good CD. I don't listen to the "harder" rock or whatever you'd like to call it often but I can't deny a good CD when I hear it.

11. Mudvayne is the "hardest" music I listen to. Yes, I know it's not really hard, but it's the closest to metal I will go.

12. They seemed like they sort've changed too. Not for the better or worse because it's always been good to me. But when listening to LD50 he's yelling through out the whole album and then when you listen to Lost & Found here's more mellow in some of the songs. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I like it.

13. every listen to mushroomhead....? they have some amazing songs before XX, and XX is great too.... their latest one has some great shit too, but I like the oldschool better....

14. Yeah, I really dislike most metal but damn, Mushroomhead is good stuff. Very original for their genre.

15. Mushroomhead is alright. I can't sit and listen to a whole album of theirs and like it. But they got a lot of songs that I do like. I like the song 'The New Cult King' and 'Sun Doesn't Rise'.

16. i wouldn't go as far as to say its thier best album, but the album is pretty damned good...i'm happy with the fact that mudvayne has out survived slipknot as an innovative band...

17. The ONLY reason why I gave Mudvayne the time of day is because of Chad's voice. I don't like screaming in music, but I learned to like it with Mudvayne for the simple fact when he actually sang it just felt sublime. There are times on the other CDs where he screams that I'm just like "man... I wish he wouldn't have done it that way." So for the simple fact there isn't as much screaming, and it's more melodic, it suits my taste. Which is why I think it's their best.