Mudding?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by BrandanDeMamp, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Anyone here ever go mudding or off roading? Personally one of my favorite hobbies right next to fishing!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I don't have an extra vehicle I can fuck up, sorry.

3. You don't need one. Get a newer wrangler and add mods.

I don't personally use a wrangler but my god those are the perfect daily driver mixed with off road.

4. ....thats cool but i don't have money to go wreck my vehicle.

5. Why come here if you knew exactly what this thread was about?

I'm sorry you can't find an old truck for like 1500 and put a little money in it.

If you have a hobby you'll always have money to put in. Fishing and off roading are mine.

6. Cool man, I'm not rich.

7. I'm not rich either. Far from rich. I'm an intern for God's sake.

But I have a savings plan at the least.

8. A waste of gas and my time IMO. I prefer to go hiking and or sight seeing myself.

9. saving for to drive trucks into ground?  Man 1500 bucks is a lot to me.

10. #10 jmick, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    My son has a 73 short bed Chevy with a built up 350 and 4 speed on military axles. He takes it to the mud hole for 4 hours and then he works on it for a week...most of his buddies do the same thing, seems like working on it is as much of the hobby as driving it... :confused_2:

11. If you know how to drive in mud and you're not a dumbass you can go pretty easily. I've had 3 trucks and because I do so much farm work and driving on dirt roads, all 3 saw a LOT of mud and I've never had a mud related issues (knock on wood)

With that being said my old z71 was a BEAST. 6" on 35". I never put her in a hole she didn't make it out of. I now drive an s10 zr2 on 3" with 33". She's a beast too but I miss the power (and the sound of the 350) the z71 had.

Ill have my guns, money, and freedom. Y'all can keep y'alls change.

12. After a good rain, you can't keep me and my F-150 out of the mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I really don't get why anyone would come into this thread just to be a wise ass and bitch about how poor they are.
    That being said, hell yeah I off road. I drive a 4x4 Explorer and live right at the front range in Colorado. It's my only truck so I don't go to crazy but the only way to get to the good spots in the mountains is on some back atv/truck trails.

14. No matter how old I get, I still like to play in the mud :)

I have an old 76 f-150 (was originally my mom's, actually), right now it's my mud bogger and my daily driver, at least the four-wheeled one ;) the Ranger I used to have I think is still the best vehicle for mudding I've had. That or my first car, an old Suburban, it could crawl through mud and over rocks like it was nothing. Absolutely terrible on gas though :eek:

15. love trail riding - lots of gravel where i live so the mud is a bit harder to find. gravel soup is treacherous, too.

to the people that think it takes lots of money to go wheeling, here's a vehicle i bought for like $250 and an ounce of outdoor:

[​IMG]

jeep wheels and all-terrains. thing would go almost anywhere. off-roading is part of how i come up with new spots to grow - and part of my op's security. most people aren't going to drive 5 miles down a shitty trail, looking for grows.

16. I love offroading but i dont do anything to extreme since my truck is my DD. It really doesnt take much, add some sliders, skids and good tires and youre ready to rock and roll. I dont mudd though cuz i know that would destroy my rig, i stick to more solid terrain mainly.

17. I live in a town where we don't even have a bowling alley let alone any other form of entertainment... ( 1 gas station, 1 "store", and a takeout place in someones mobile home).. So we entertain ourselves. Muddin' happens very often, along with fishing, hunting, trapping, boating, things like that.