Mud Boggers

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by 88k5BLAZER, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Yeah, I love watching videos of fast I6 Jeeps. Takes everyone by surprise. But I still wouldn't trade the 5.9, I grew up loving musclecars with big engines and the Grand Cherokee 5.9 is about as close as I can get for now :devious:

2. Got a 95, I think it is, Ford Bronco full size. Its just got a few things done like a Rancho suspension and all terrain tires. Its down right now due to a bad ABS module but when it ran I did quite a bit of mudding with it.

Managed to get it high centered on two tree stumps once. I pulled out of some ruts to let a Jeep pass me since he was coming the other direction. I drove into some high grass and next thing I know my truck is sitting about 3 inches higher than normal with my tires spinning but barley touching the ground. Guy with the Jeep tried to help but he broke three ropes and a cumalong. Eventually it took me and my dad about 3 hours to take a jack and stack bricks under my tires so I could catch traction. Only damage I ended up doing was a dented skid plate and a bend bumper.

3. 82 ford bronco lifted 4.5 inches on 35 gumbos monster mudder 300 indestructable 6

4. #24 Cereal Killer, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    I just sold my truck (bummer, but had to be done), and can pay off the rest of my debt now. So I'm in the market for another truck :smoke: what's your favorite mud machine you've driven blades?

Reviving an old thread, but it seemed like the right place.

5. Think this is where most of the country folk are at on this site haha

6. Should I lift my 2000 s10?

Attached Files:

7. Ha, I used to have that same little truck! You wanting a suspension lift or just a body lift?

8. Which would look better? Just broke 68k miles today ahha

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383053288.931254.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383053318.816895.jpg
    I dabble as well

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. i'll try to get some pics of my amc eagle on the trails this coming weekend.

power steering belt snapped the other night, crawling up an exposed rock ledge. man, talk about wrestling with a car to get back to pavement... really need to trim the fenders or give it a mild lift:

[​IMG]

11. Lol, awesome thread :D

12. If you're just doing it for looks, I'd say go with a body lift, it's much cheaper. If you got 4WD and you're doing it to have better clearance off road, suspension lift is the only way to go.

Still breaking it in! Wasn't my favorite vehicle I've owned but I drove the piss outta that little pickup. I put 85k on it in two years, had to put in a new starter, and had to replace the rear axle, but no other issues. Most dependable GM vehicle I can say I've owned.

13. #33 scout695, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    I drive a 98 Chevy S10. 3" body lift and 33" Nitto Grapplers, true dual glasspacks. She aint much but she gets me to where I need to go and gets through most the holes around here without any problem. I call her Black Betty.

14. need rain....

15. but got my 90 2500 350/sm465.14bolt/4.56/35mud terrains but no rain yet in socal SOON!

16. Anyone doing some snow wheelin'?