Mucus in throat when dipping?

Discussion in 'General' started by herbal essence, Dec 6, 2013.

1. I've been dipping tobacco for a couple years now, since high school and I've always enjoyed it and liked having a nice lip in. However lately whenever I dip after about 10-15 minutes I notice that a lot of mucus or phlegm starts building up in my throat and it is almost impossible to get rid of it with a lip in because I don't have enough clean salvia to swallow to clear my throat. Also it's very hard to try to cough it up since I don't want a bunch of tobacco saliva to go deep into my throat. Anyone ever get this before? Any ways to minimize it? It is making dipping not as enjoyable since have the time I'm irritated by my throat.. Any input is great thanks everyone

2. Trollin like a baw5

3. Learn to drink with a dip in. Its not that hard man.

4. [quote name="ChiefOne" post="19109376" timestamp="1386294055"]Trollin like a baw5[/quote]How am I trolling? You obviously might wanna get some more knowledge on the subject before answering

5. It's not too hard to drink with a pinch in dude. Just try it. And after a while swallowing the tobacco spit isn't that bad after you've done it for a while.

6. Though the production of mucus is a protective mechanism by the body, it is an irritant itself and too much of it can cause serious health problems. So it’s best to get rid of excess mucus at the earliest, before it becomes thick and infected. Here are a few ways to get it out.
    • Cough it out
    • Try steam inhalation
    • Stay hydrated
    • Gargle with salt water
    • Take cough syrup
    • Eat foods that help bring up the mucus (bell peppers, garlic, licorice, ginger, and honey).

7. Spit out that mouthful of spit then cough it up. It was easier for me to cough and remain in control of the dip with It on the side, although snuff (fine grain) was impossible for me to control. The Bigger the easier to keep all grouped up. A trick I used to do in school was throw it up top so ur saliva didnt build up so quick, maybe that could help someway? Idk though when I did it, I did It so I wasnt spittin every 5 mins.

8. Stop dipping, best decision I ever made.