MUAHAHA who said i wasnt prepared to grow??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mrdulin, Aug 6, 2011.

1. whats wrong with bag seed dude? thats what everyone uses at first? I'm sorry that im not going too u y 30$ worth of seeds and kill them. That would be dumb.

2. funny? Like literally I love the sarcasm , but I'm not that dumb.

3. no nothing wrong with bag seed at all ive grown some bomb shit with bag seed but if you do pay 30 + dollars for seeds your more inclined to do it right and learn from it it will only make you a better grower and study read learn is the only way you cant just throw a seed in the dirt and expect dank ass bud production

4. gotcha. WELL FREAK, pissed just wasted money on some measley bulbs.. Would you recommend the 26 watt 2700ks? I have one 6500k its a 26 watt too so I'm not sure about the lumens.

5. Man, do yall really think that I don't know this? My problem is lighting and I'm not even sure about the soil there's not a hydro store anywhere I live or any place that sells FFOF all I could do for a medium is make one and yet I still have yet to prove my medium works

6. You could use the 3-way, if it's in a regular (non 3-way) socket then it will give you the middle position, which is about the same as a 26w CFL bulb. But if you haven't opened the package I would return it because that is an expensive 26w bulb, and you could get several of those 26 watters for the money. At least 4 of those per plant, and again a bulb could do double-duty if it was close to more than one plant.

The 2700k and 6500k are measurements of the color temperature, or the color of the light spectrum. 6500k is in the blue spectrum and is good for vegging, 2700k is in the red spectrum and is good for flowering. A mix of both throughout the grow would be fine, though you will want to rotate the plants every day or two so that the same spot is not always getting just one spectrum.

7. but check that book out it will deff help you if you want to go cfl way and with hid lighting you also gotta spend 200 + on inline fans and hood to keep temp down cfl no heat problem but dont get me wrong hid is great when used properly as i also do hid with other plants too

8. Yeah I've already rotated it already today, the only reason I'm using cfls is that they fit in a regular house hold socket.. Idk if they even make HIDs for that socket size and I would obviously have to get it off a website but which site?

9. Agree, nothing wrong with bagseed. People talk about 'bagseed" like it's something bad, but all that term means is that you don't know the genetics of the seed. Kind of like the word "orphan" only describes the fact that a person's parents are deceased, doesn't say anything about the person him/herself.

So bagseed could be crappy genetics but it could be amazing. Put it this way: suppose I grew some incredible genetics and the harvest was the most potent any of us has ever experienced. Now suppose I give some to a friend, and then that friend gives some to you. At that point, you don't know the genetics of that weed, but I do. So if you found a seed in that bag it would be "bagseed" to you, but if that same seed had stayed in my stash it would not be "bagseed" to me. The term "bagseed" has to do with the knowledge of the person possessing the seed, nothing to do with the quality of the seed itself.

Best gauge is the bag it came from, if that was a good smoke then the genetics should be at least decent.

Yes it's a good idea to start on bagseed in case you do kill it then you would not have wasted money on genetics.

10. My best plant is a bagseed. But I guess I guessed right:D

11. #51 cyan0sis, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    It says below the replacement watts, 12/21/32W those are the real outputs.

12. good luck though

13. what spectrum are HPS (high pressure sodium) and MH (Metal Halide) light are in?

14. i always found a good black earth and top soil mixed with sand and perlite always works well with me but if you download the book "Marijuana for less Grow 8 oz. of bud for less than $100" it will explain everything from start to finish and all the in between

15. yeah..maybe. but would this work? Miracle Grow Sphagnum Peat Moss soil? ( i know MG is not recommended cause of time releasing nutes) , but thats all they have and some other stuff but anyways that and MG perlite, vermiculite and Dolomite Lime all that mix together in different percentages ?? Cause that's what I'm using..

16. #57 cyan0sis, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011

MH are traditionally geared more to the blue spectrum and so are predominantly used for vegetative growth. While HPS is more to the red and hence considered best for flowering. Though there are newer MH bulbs out that try to produce a little more red, HPS is still considered superior. You can get lamps that have a ballast equipped to switch between MH and HPS or there are also HPS conversion bulbs which are specifically designed for MH ballasts.

Edit: Nice visual guide

[​IMG]

17. you should be ok but make sure you got good drainage hense the sand and make sure its sterilized if you do use it

18. LOOK..

BARE FUCKING MINIUM=SHIT WEIGHT.

This plant went straight form a 6 inch clone into flower. She is at Day 55 (this plant)

And has about 2 1/2 to 3 more weeks to go ( 12 week plant )

4x CFL's only = Not the most weight but def possible overall plant is going to yield in the end just under 2 ounces. Just need to add some snowstorm and gravity, she JUST started to plump the other day and I JUST started adding molasses.

Again this plant is with only 4x CFL's and done more as an experiment then anything to see what i could do in my room

If you want yeild.. use MH/HPS - The buds forming on my White Rhino and White Widow are under an HPS at my partners op and look like I will probly (depending on swell and water weight loss) pull 4-5 ounces off the ones in MH/HPS BUT you pay a HUGE differents in cost of lighitng.. then again 4x CFL 1 plant = Less then 150 actual watts being used.. SUPER duper low energy and heat so super stealth.

The MH/HPS grow only has 22 plants out of our legally allowed 45 and you can still smell that crap in front of his house.

Sherrif has been by twice to ask us to try and keep the smell down and insure we were legal so he could calm the neighbors, nice guy for a cop.

Also DO NOT skimp on nutes and dude.. bugs.. preventivie measures are key or you will lose bugs and bud sits/plants.

This plants yield was substantially reduced as well due to a aphid problem..Since pesticides and nutes are NOT cheap - Make sure you have some money.

Yea you can grow from back seed and even deal with bugs and get an end result, the end result will be far from perfect though.

Still for 4x CFL on this one plant - not too bad i think.

Attached Files:

19. haha thanks man what bulbs are the CFL's 6500k?or 2700k? and lumens ?