MUAHAHA who said i wasnt prepared to grow??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mrdulin, Aug 6, 2011.

1. dude your dumb i just look it up GO LOOK IT UP the 3 way CFL is for A 3 WAY switch ex(turn switch once (click) 50watts turn again (click) 100 watts(click (150 watts

2. omg have yall not seen anyones grow under CFL

3. Best set-up on GC...Nuff' said.....End of thread.

4. #24 Doc-J, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
    Not to be rude man, but he is right. You probably shouldnt go calling people dumb without putting any time or research in to what you have.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/15-26-40-Watt-Consumer/dp/B001FQEA4A]Amazon.com: 15/26/40 Watt - 50/100/150 W Equal - Warm White 2700K - CFL Light Bulb - 3 Way - Global Consumer Products 116: Home Improvement[/ame]

The actuall wattage for a 3 way cfl 50/100/150 equivelant is 15/26/40/ So what you have there is a 40 watt bulb max. If ran in a standard non 3 way socket, it is gonna run at the medium setting, or 26 watts.

5. Yes, and they use a lot more than a 40 watt bulb. Rule of thumb tends to be 100 actual watts for the first plant, and 50 actual watts for every plant there after. Thus the reason you are unlikely to be successful growing with one 40w bulb. Why even bother asking questions or posting if you know every thing?

6. You can veg with what you have just fine if your grow space is planned out well. But you wont be able to flower for crap.. All need to be 2700k and a minimum of 14,000 lumens output from cfls. So 4-5 bulbs per plant.

Works fine. Just wont yield as much as a MH/HPS setup

7. You are not prepared to grow.

8. Seeds?

9. Dulin get your shut right before you call people dumb. The only person incorrect on this thread is you. Let him grow his tiny sprouts with those weak ass lights and he'll find out eventually that it's not some overnight operation.

10. I'd go out on a limb and say its bagseed:D

11. He probably gonna piss all over them for nutes.

MUAHAHA

12. #32 toastybiz, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    <Sigh>

Right there on the photo of the package it says "replacement" watts. That is NOT watts. Somewhere else on that package -- some part not in the photograph -- and definitely on the base of the bulb it should show the true wattage.

Riddle me this Batman -- if it truly is 50/100/150 watts, then why is the middle position (what you still think is 100 watts) rated at 1400 lumens, when your 26w CFLs (which are marketed as 100 "equivalent" or "replacement" watts) rated at 1750 lumens? Why would the 3-way bulb have double the wattage for less lumens? The answer is that it isn't double the wattage.

Look...on...the...package. Joker is right, that 3-way is closer to 15/26/40 actual watts.

13. That's actually the rule of thumb for the bare minimum with CFLs. They have low light intensity so more would be better.

14. Cant help a man that dont want to be helped.

15. #35 toastybiz, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    And you don't believe there are 150 actual wattage CFLs? Lookee here: Let me google that for you

You will see listings for actual 150 watt CFLs and also some that are 150 "equivalent" or "replacement" watts that are listed as around 42 actual watts. Starting to get the picture?

So what's the deal with these "replacement" watts anyway? It's a marketing shorthand. Remember that CFLs are made as energy-efficient replacements for standard household incandescent bulbs. Since incandescents have been the standard for decades, we all know the "brightness" of a 60w bulb, a 75w bulb, a 100w bulb, etc. We've had that ingrained since we were kids. When CFLs first came out the manufacturers were afraid that people wouldn't buy them because the wattage sounds too low -- who would want a 13 watt or a 23 watt bulb, when people are used to using 60/75/100w bulbs?

So, they came up with this shorthand called "replacement" watts. What that expression really means is: This CFL bulb, which uses 23 watts, gives off about the same lumens as a 100 watt incandescent bulb, thus this 23w CFL is a replacement for a 100w incandescent. That would be too much to put on the package, so they simply call it "replacement" watts.

Now, here's the really important part: comparisons to regular household incandescents never have and never will have anything to do with growing MJ. They have to do with reading lamps, lighting a room, etc. The really good lighting for growing MJ is HID (MH and HPS), which actually puts out about double the lumens per watt as CFLs do (which themselves put out about 4 times the lumens per watt as incandescents). So, instead of comparing CFLs to the bulbs that are only one-quarter as efficient, you should be comparing them to the bulbs that are twice as efficient.

Believe me dude, you really, really, truly, honest to god, actually, with all sincerity, no mistake about it, 100% sure, swear on a stack of bibles, absolutely positively do not have a 50/100/150 watt bulb. What you do have is a bulb that could output the same amount of light as a 50/100/150 watt 3-way incandescent, but since it is a CFL it uses less energy to do so (the whole point of CFLs in the first place).

16. ^^^^^

What he said.

17. hmm...... my bad for the misunderstanding. Where would you get a HID? The CFL's are suppose to be equivalent to 100watts or close to it. On the 3 way replacement bulb is meant for a 3 way switch I have one in my living room a 3 way lamp where it turns 3 times and the bulb has 3 levels. So what your trying to say isthe actual wattage of CFL's don't mean crap?

18. i got three plants 3 weeks into flowering and im pushing close to 20 cfls pushing 2700k and my budz are dank and growing good you deff need more than what you got even for veg also you need to look at true wattage not compared wattage if want good advice go and download the book Marijuana
    for less
    Grow 8 oz. of bud for less than $100 its very well written you can find it on pirate bay

19. You're still not tracking. What I'm saying is that the actual wattage of CFLs is the ONLY thing that matters. It's the "equivalent" or "replacement" watts that don't mean crap.

That CFL you have is NOT...repeat, it is NOT, 50 watts in the first position, 100 watts in the second position, and 150 watts in the third position. The light output of that bulb is equivalent to a 50 watt incandescent in the first position, to a 100 watt incandescent in the second position, and to a 150 watt incandescent in the third position. And comparisons to incandescents do NOT mean ANYTHING AT ALL: NADA, IRRELEVANT, FUGGEDUBOUDIT, MEANINGLESS, IGNORE IT, PRETEND YOU NEVER SAW IT, when it comes to growing MJ.