Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MS Type Symptoms While Using :(

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Rustler, Jul 12, 2010.

1. #1 Rustler, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    I use medical cannabis for another reason. Yet, when I use, the cannabis makes most parts of the right side of my head and body want to shake or jerk like that of an MS patient. WTH is that?

I had a TIA (mini-stroke) on that side in 2006; some doctors thought it might be MS though. Is this nerve damage from the mini-stroke or a cannabis-induced MS symptom?

2. Are you smoking something you've grown yourself and know to be safe and pure, or are you smoking street weed?

It's rare, but I've heard of this happening before with people who've had prior medical issues. If it's been happening a while, with different sources of smoke, then you should either cut back or try growing some milder strains, until you find one that doesn't give you a reaction.

That's worked in a few circumstances, otherwise you'll either have to wait it out and see if it stops on its own, or stop smoking all together if it causes you too much discomfort and try edible forms and vape to continue medicating yourself. Sorry to hear of your toke troubles, I hope you can get it sorted out

3. Are you taking other prescription drugs? If so, you better look there first. Popular meds like Reglan (yes I know about the lawsuit), Gabapenten, and Phenergan (prescribed often for nausea) can cause jerking and muscle spasms, and even tingling and numbness of the extremeties.

4. Super Lemon Haze from California dispensary.

5. I'm on Klonopin, Cymbalta, Nortryptaline, Adderral, Atenolol, and Plavix. So, if some of these have involuntary nervous spasms or shaking as a side effect, cannabis can enhance the power of the side effect?

6. dude taking that many medications can't be good for you.

7. I concur; my doctor does not though.

8. Your doctor is likely getting a kick-back from the pharms for giving you so many meds, it sounds like an awful lot to me. I'm not your doctor though so don't take my word for it :) I just worry in my line of work seeing so many people on so many meds, I hope they're helping you though.

Try new strains. And if that doesn't help, and once again I'm not a doctor so this doesn't constitute as actual medical advice, if you took it upon yourself and felt brave enough to try altering, ie. lowering, your chemical/prescription med intake, and if you consult how to do this with your doctor first, you may get those shakes less often when you medicate with the herb.

Sometimes your body just says 'enough is enough' and lets you know how it's feeling, the herb could be just the right amount to tilt you over the edge.

9. #9 tharedhead, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    Many people experience simple Psychogenic Tremor with cannabis. This can be a normal response to being high, and generally can be controlled by staying warm, calm and hydrated. Its not dangerious.

You are on quite the pharmacopeia, there:(. Remember, the doctor is there to help and serve you. If they are not respecting your input into the treatment process, find one who will. I'd really consider a second opinion on all that....

This link may be helpful. Or not, I can look for clearer one.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463438

10. Cymbalta=BAD!

Have you read the side effects associated with that poison? And Adderall is a bad one too. Cymbalta happens to be one of the drugs that I was able to replace with cannabis, thank goodness.