Mrteas Organic Neurosis

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by MrTea, May 25, 2013.

As long as you get me a job bro!  Just keep in mind that Denver has the highest rising crime rates in the United States' history lol.  So much migration has has overpopulated the city, brought in more scum, created more homeless, and as a result of all this taxes are rising super quickly, crime rates are rising and everything else that falls in line with such trends.  I do see Denver as being the major weed hub of the United States for the next 5-10 years (maybe even longer), but there are a lot of potential problems the city needs to address such as the aforementioned.  Just keep all these things in mind when making your decision to get up and go!

2. #102 MrTea, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
    Well I went away for a week while my cousin watched the ladies.  HOLY Bajesus.  The GSC in its 3 gal pot and 1.75 months veg time had like 6-8 inch roots out the bottom of the smart pot (Granted she's lost about 35% of her tops from me being too careless).  I've succeeded in bushing her out I think.....  Needless to say it was time to transplant her to a 5 gal pot.  Switched her to flowering as well.

The Pakistan Valley is looking healthy as a peach!  She's growing super stocky, super slowly, super short, and the nodes are so clumped together it's clearly an Indica.  Will get pics of her later.

Attached Files:

3. #103 MrTea, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    I indulged myself.  I figured out an ingenious way to rearrange my dinky ass apartment in order to fit the "free" grow tent.  This baby is HUGE!  It's almost double the size of the other one.  I can't believe it, really lucked out.  I can finally have a perpetual grow going (makes my life easier).  This thing is like 3 inches from the ceiling lol.  

I picked up a clone of Bubbleyum from mile high green cross today.  I saw what the end product was like and if any of you have had bubblegum before you know that a well established clone is just too tempting to turn down.  

Attached Files:

4. Pics of the Pakistan Valley.  She's about 1 ft tall with 4 tops.  Each top has about 10 nodes per.  I topped all 4 tops 1 week ago and it has shwon massive growth in the nodes underneath.  100% Indica land race........ya.   Apparently it's a 45-55 flowering time, 21%thc, 8% cbd.  It's as healthy as can be, and has shown amazing heat resistance under 90-100F temps (probably due in part to her land of origin).  This one is definitely going to be a high yielder as she's going to veg for another 3 weeks.  

Attached Files:

5. #105 MrTea, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    More pics..I know this thread doesn't receive much traffic but I'll post anyway!  GSC is on day 15 of Flowering.  Roots of the Pakistan Valley self wick.  Been dealing with a potassium defeciency the past month, been giving 1-2 aerated kelp teas a week the past 2 weeks to help remedy it, also amending a separate batch of cooking soil with extra kelp and greensand and transplanting the Pakistan Valley to the new soil mix in a few days.  Been losing too much undergrowth.  I noticed a slight Potassium deficiency with the last grow, but I think recycling the soil without reamending it with higher Potassium amendments made the problem worse.  Thoughts anyone?  Any better ideas?

P.S. some Ogre shatter I picked up today at the shop.  Delicious.

P.S.S. Got a $50 parking ticket. ugh.

Attached Files:

6. coconut water and aloe as a foliar. aloe for the saponins and for how it activates the plants systemic acquired response (SAR) which is like the plants immune system. The coconut water contains uber levels of potassium. You can also use coconut water as a soil drench. Should help.

7. fuck denvers parking tickets.... I had a meter run out... forgot about it until the letter came.... &%*%..... 75$ for an expired meter...

Know anywhere in Denver that I can find those besides at a grocery store for an outrageous price?

9. #109 seaf0ur, Sep 4, 2013
    I get raw aloe leaves from el mercado on colfax, but any mexican market should have whole leaf aloe.... Coconut water I grab from the wally world on tower rd.... I only use it 1- 15 with unchlorinated water so it lasts if you fridge the leftover 

1 part aloe
    1 part coconut water
    15 parts clean water

edit: come round 2 you gotta wait a touch for the coconut water to warm up.... shock the babies with freezing water otherwise.... I done that...

Also the aloe goes bad within 15 mins, so cut off what youre gonna use, fridge the rest... squeeze or blend that into the water/coconut water last, right before you spray

10. #110 MrTea, Sep 4, 2013
    ya I don't want to have to go too far.  For coconut water I think I am just going to drop by Whole Foods.  Gonna grab some of this stuff  http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/products/365-everyday-value-coconut-water; hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  Contains 33 fl oz.  Since 1/15th of 5 gallons is 43 fl oz I will just do a 4.5 gallon tea with coconut water, kelp, aloe, and DynaGro Protekt.  Hopefully it'll give them the kick they need.

11. yeah, that coconut looks legit. you just gotta watch for preservatives..... 

12. Ended up finding enough coconut water and aloe vera juice for 12$ for a 5 gallon batch.  Drenched my girls' soil tonight.  hopefully results show soon.  Gonna aloe foliar as well.

13. #113 seaf0ur, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
    dont mix it at once, and check your preservative on the aloe.... it goes bad fast.

14. #114 MrTea, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
    Just to be sure, could a few of you confirm that this is a Potassium deficiency.  I also suspect a ca/mg lockout due to lack of enough Dolimitic lime, but can't be quite sure.  the two pics are of each plant.  Both seem to have a phosphorous deficiency, while one has a nitrogen deff and the other has potassium deff? All leaves affected are on the older, lower canopy leaves and work their way up over time.  Plants seem to be growing very slowly right now as well.....Thoughts?

Attached Files:

15. #115 seaf0ur, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
    Sounds like you're within the ballpark, but cause is less important than cure.... I'd transplant, heavy on the castings. If not possible to step up size, you can remove the plant from its pot, add an inch or two to the bottom of the pot and replace her for a quasi-transplant...... failing that you could remove the top bit of your soil and try to get a good 2 inch topdress of castings..... water through that for a bit.... a microbe tea wouldn't hurt either....

thats what I'd do anyways.... then wait to see if the problem persists.

16. #116 seaf0ur, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
    Where you been hiding at? 
    [​IMG]
    I know you're in the back there somewhere....

Pic didnt show up!  

18. #118 MrTea, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
    Well, it seems that the GSC is in the preworks of a potassium deficiency now.  The upper canopy and middle canopy are starting to have yellow spots around the edges of fan leaves.  This is on top of the nitrogen deficiency of course.  At 31 days into flower I am kind of getting annoyed now.  Despite all the additional topdressings, teas, and foliars in the past 2-3 weeks in various combinations of kelp , coconut water, aloe, fish emulsion, silica, coffee grinds, ewc, alfalfa, molasses, guano, crustacean meal, and rock phosphate I just cannot seem to get the GSC straightened out.  My soil mix must be really out of whack since I recycled it.  My rations must of gotten jumbled a bit in the secondary mix phase.  She's looking super frosty at day 31 too.  Was really looking forward to seeing its full capability, but now I don't know if I can keep her going another 5 weeks.  Granted, she's in the prestages of the potassium deficiency, but the nitrogen deficiency has already taken its toll and is still working its way up the plant.  At this point it would be too late to make a new soil mix in time to repot.  If only people trafficked this thread enough to give me insight/pity :(

I forgot to take in to account how they were doing really well the past 2 weeks.  I  just remembered why.  Last time problems persisted was 2 weeks ago, then I used the coconut juice and everything stabilized.  I decided to give it another go for the potassium.  When I got to whole foods I didn't realize coconut juice is EVERYTHING I NEED.  Making another tea right now, with some coconut juice.  THank you for the recommendation @[member="seaf0ur"] :)

I am having a calcium def, magnesium def, phosphorus def, and potassium def.  Coconut water seems to be EXACTLY what I need to combat my deficiencies.  I bet I could just feed with water + Protekt from now on while giving coconut water once a week with the feed.  Hmm....

Attached Files:

19. MrTea, just a few suggestions and some observations.

Mix up your soil and cycle it ONCE using an AACT. Transplant and LIFTA just water with OCCASIONAL coconut water. I really think what is happening is your messing with the microbes. We create these living environments and when we dump teas, top dress, you mess with what the population can handle. Yes we see immediate results from SST's, ACT's, and botanicals but they should be used as tools and sparingly. If you have a quality humus source and use one of the soil mixes around here MG shouldn't be an issue.

LIFTA and let Mother Nature do her thang.

My 2 pennies. I've been there and done that.

20. #120 MrTea, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013

I understand what you're saying and normally i'd agree with you, BUT this has been a recurring problem, before topdressing and before lots of teas.  Teas do not have to be used sparingly either, you can give teas every feed if necessary.  I'm not gonna cycle my soil only once; I'm not wasting my money.  My humus source is quality and my soil mix is complex.  Gave them a tea with coconut water this morning I bet they will love it :)  If you think I am going to stop with all the teas you've got to be joking.  The last thing I want is my plant to die in mid flowering.  Not risking a 5 nutrient deficiency.  Appreciate the chime in though.