Mrteas Organic Neurosis

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by MrTea, May 25, 2013.

Nice cat man! Tabby is the only thing I don't have, personally we didn't pick any of our cats we resuced them all.

When you look at a bag of cat food, the first 3 items listed will make up 75-80% of the bag, that bag should say Brewers Rice / Chicken By-Product Meal and another form of Grain.

This causes the cat's stomach to swell and put on extra wait in the hips/legs, in nature felines get most of the minerals they need from eating small veg eaters. Newmans Own Organic is pretty cheap and can be found in Wal-Mart, Feliday is another awesome choice!

Trust me man it is very worth it to start her on good food now, saves you on Doctor bills later.

2. #62 MrTea, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013

They're in the growtent!  It's been tricky containing them.  Each in a 2 gal pot is gonna be yielding at least 2 oz. each would be at least 3 ft. tall had I not tied them down.  Harvesting in a week!

I hear ya dude I really appreciate the heads up.  Definitely gonna do some more research on what will suit my cat best.  Ya and it's a boy not a girl!  He's like 13 lbs. and only 11 months old lol.  Not fat yet, but it's inevitable lol.  I give him a small bowl in the morning and a small bowl at night.  He's a wicked funny cat.  Got him for $10 at 8 weeks old.  The ringworm came free.....

Attached Files:

LOL doesn't it always? I'd like to see the fella tryin to charge a buck for that.....

That second pic (laptop) is priceless!! It's like he's laughing his ass off at you getting yours beat ;)
    Subbed up btw.

Haha I made a meme of that pic and got like a lot of likes and shares on my fb feed.  Good times, good times.

6. #66 MrTea, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2013
    So I specially ordered a 6lb box of neem seed at my local grow store about 2 months ago in case I had a pest problem.  Guess what?  I never got a call back.  Oh and guess what else?  I noticed several dozen gnats on my pots this morning,  I decided to move some of the soil around without damaging the roots too much.  I found several day old MAGGOT LARVAE ARGH!  These fuckers are so young they are the size of a hair on my head.  I also found several dozen species of mites/bugs in my soil.  I did notice something I wasn't too sure about.  At first I thought it was a more matured maggot larvae..  I couldn't get a pic of it, but it has the shape of a maggot, but it's long and slender and has a black head, transparent body, and on the inside of it I noticed a long black line/substance.  Any help identifying this guy?

Normally, I would link the white bugs in my soil and the flying gnats as aphids, but these looks like fungus gnats, not flying aphids (as they are clumsy and aren't leeching onto node sites).  I am running to the grow store to demand my neem seed lol.  I'll probably pick up some Diatomaceous earth and neem oil.  I am harvesting in less than 2 weeks so all I have to do is battle it out just a little longer!!!  Glad I caught this problem early and that it only started occurring in the last 2 weeks of flowering versus early in veg.  

7. I put in an order but they said "not till fall" so I ordered from someone else..... they had to get a case of 6 boxes of the karanja seed meal. I'll let you know when it comes in.... Its at a place down south on bellaire st. they'll have some left.

8. #68 MrTea, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2013

Thanks dude!  Unfortunately I just spent my monthly budget of grow supplies right before I read this!!!  Ugh.  That place is a 5 min drive from me too :\\  I picked up neem oil, D. Earth, Vermiculite, perlite, and a bucket....lol.  Perlite, vermciculite, and bucket are for a selfwicking setup.

I gave a lower canopy foliar of neem oil + Protekt and a soiltpop soak as well.  Then topdressed with a 1/4" diatomaceous earth, then layered vermiculite on that and give a little firm press.  Hopefully this will suffocate the motherfuckers.  The fungus gnats have already left the pots alone within minutes :)

Attached Files:

Take a peek at the video OldDoobie posted and see if it matches the description of your larvae 
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1209203-olddoobies-retro-head-shoppe.html?p=18374609

Pretty cool video ....I find things like this fascinating. The things our eyes can't see :eek:

Oops....my bad.

Haha.  I think I was just seeing some Sciarid lavae, both early in their growth and several a little bit older.  Eeek.  After suffocation you think it will be fine to reuse this soil?  Maybe neem oil drench it and throw in some diatomaceous earth into the mix?

12. Sure, but don't use neem oil as a drench MrTea...a neem meal tea would work, but you don't want oil in your soil :(

S-oil......!!!!!!!soil already has oil in it :\\ haha sorry, just poking.

14. The karanja seed meal should be here tuesday. I just called to check on my order.

15. These pics were taken about a week ago.  GSC on the left in the selfwicking bin, World of Seeds Pakistan Valley on the right (about 1.5 weeks younger than the GSC).  I topped the GSC after 2nd true node, and then 3 more times on the central node and the 2 larger of the 4 nodes to equalize growth to all 4 main tops.  

Attached Files:

I went to their store today...the guys said they don't have a supplier for Neem Meal OR Karanja Meal.  I asked if they were receiving shipments of either anytime soon, they said no.  WTF?!?!  We should meet up and trade some ingredients sometime cuz it's completely ridiculous that I live in the Mile High City and there is NO neem seed meal to be found anywhere in the city.  ugh.

17. #78 MrTea, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    IMG_20130724_085300_491-1.jpg
    Well today is day 67 and one of the ladies looked prime for chopping ( as I assumed she would be early on in flowering).  Didn't weight her wet, but if I had to guess she's gonna weight out to 1.75-2.25 oz.  Finger crossed !

This girls' buds turned out to be verrrrrry dense.  Very, very dense.  And very, very sticky.

Sorry for bad pics.

Attached Files:

18. Here's a little wet trim job for you guys.  Btw, of the 3 ladies i'd say this one is #2 in potency.  The next one to be chopped is the healthiest, most resinous, and trich covered of the three.  It looks much better than this one.  Enjoy.

Attached Files:

Thats odd, cause I went in there to grab 30# of worm shit monday.... the blond girl is the one who made the order... the 2 guys behind the counter didn't know shit about it. Its coming from down to earth.... She told me NEXT tuesday.... apparently she just got the confirmation email back from DTE on the order like monday ..... And no.... noone in town carries the shit. They just have neem oil