Mrteas Organic Neurosis

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by MrTea, May 25, 2013.

1. #1 MrTea, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
    Hello fellow blades.  I am currently on a grow in my studio apartment in Denver!  I started vegging 6 Facewreck Haze (Rare Dankness seeds) seeds on 4/20.  Flipped them to flowering on 5/21.  They are truly organic genetics as Rare Dankness doesn't even use colloidal silver to feminize their seeds.  So I have 6 plants whose sex should be showing up in the next week or so.  3 are in my 400whps grow box that I converted from a wardrobe.  The 3 smaller/more stunted children are in my walk in closet.

(If you would like to see more pics check out the link in my signature).

I gave them an act son day 3 of flowering with a nice boost in Phosphorous and slightly in Potassium.  Also super cropped them half a week before flowering so right when I switched to flowering it seemed as if they had been given steroids. I had heat stress issues in weeks 1-3, but now they are booming in growth.  Very healthy, very green, very sexually undiscovered.....haha.  

Will get better pics soon.  
    IMG_20130525_142533_560.jpg

IMG_20130525_142513_973.jpg

2. #2 MrTea, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
    One of the healthier ones.  

Attached Files:

3. First, looking good. What's the soil mix all about?

4. #4 MrTea, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    Yoo mm.  So more pics.  Got some awesome wicking going on with one of the children, trying to wick with another although space, and resources (i.e. money) are limited.  

Soil mix consists of:

Alfalfa
    Kelp
    Perlite
    Alaskan Hold Humus prebagged soil compost
    humus compost
    ewc
    all purpose fertilizer
    rock phosphate
    glacial rock dust
    crab meal
    Dolomitic lime

Also using aerated compost teas with different blends of
    molasses
    fish emulsion
    bat guanos (depending on the cycle)
    ewc
    BioAg humid acid concentrate and/or humid acid and seaweed concentrate
    rock phosphate
    kelp

So far results are quite outstanding.  Researched for months before trying an organic route.  Very satisfied with the results.  I have heat issues a lot and I've never had plants withstand the heat so well as this organic run.  

Attached Files:

5. Looks good man, I had major heat issue my first go around, I suggest you bubble some kelp meal for like 12-16hrs and spray it on the plants, the results speak for themselves.

Soil mix looks solid!

6. Thanks for the input!! Ya I've heard a kelp slurry foliar spray works wonders for heat I'll probably try aerating some and see how it works out. The first 7 hours of the light cycle has been averaging 88-91 F. fortunately we are getting an air conditioner unit installed in our apartment in four days so we wont have to worry about heat issues anymore

7. Nice sounds like you planned ahead. I am going to rig my fans and ac to a thermostat to keep everybody happy.

Sent from my HaGGarD ass phone......fap

8. If I owned an ac a unit I would rig it to a DIY water pump coolant recirculator system. An awesome tut in the DIY section. Would work better because there's no blowing air, IMO.

9. Lovely! Looking forward to seeing the flowering process.  Keep the green thumb going Tea! Im thinking about coming back this summer for some more recreation.  Nothing like a summer bday to make the year after an amazing 4.20!  

10. Absolutely!!  Been having a great summer myself.  RiverRock is doing select top shelf oz for $100 all summer so I became a member there......can't beat a dank $100 ounce  :smoke:

On another note here's a little update on Flowering day 12.  

Attached Files:

11. Pulled out all the precious resources today as I made another soil mix and went to the grow store to pick up some silica and neem meal (which they were out of :(  ).  Ordered some Girl Scout Cookies from Attitude seed bank last week.  Can't wait to get those popped in a month.

Attached Files:

12. Made a UVB light setup today as well.  2 26w UVB 10.0 bulbs rigged to 2 lampholders.  Can't wait to see these puppies in action.

Attached Files:

13. Day 16 flower.

Attached Files:

14. Just doing some dabs at work.......we got slammed and needed to kick back lol.

Attached Files:

15. Flowering Day 19

Attached Files:

16. Jesus they are growing tall! I bet they smell delicious though. I'm most likely gonna be coming up the 2nd week of July for a few days. Can't wait to see all of your progress on your grow closet. Definetly gonna have to bring home some hazed and infused beer home, forgot to do that on 420. Looking forward to it man! Keep loving your girls till then and they'll love ya back.

17. Awesome to hear man it'll b good seeing you. Unfortunately you are visiting just several weeks before harvest for these girls :( gonna start germinating some girl scout cookies and white widow for my grow tent in my closet.

These girls are in 2 gal pots and are growing SO tall I'm quite surprised. Nearly 3' tall.

18. Kitchen guy! Hell ya man join the club.

19. Well i guess I'll just have to come back when then are ready to be harvested! I've heard great things about Girl Scout cookies, it'll be nice to see another grow journal as well. Thanks for the quick reply and update Tea.