Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MrsEd's Test Kitchen - An Edible Journal

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MrsEd, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Hmm...do you have on oven thermoneter? Perhaps your oven might be off and itmay need q bit longer to cook. It should nor be soupy but the same type of consistancy as peanut butter. Were the edges a bit toasted soft crust?

2. The corners were a bit crusted and dry after putting it back in for 2 minutes. Im going to try upping the dose to 3-4 tablespoons tomorrow in one sitting (instead of spread out) and see where that gets me. I felt a moderate buzz (possible placibo effect), and smoked after a few hours and got more high of less weed than usual.

Would it be possible to just pop it back in for longer tomorrow if thats what I need to do?

3. I think you could try putting it back in tomorrow. Maybe 10 minutes? That is why we are calling this the Test Kitchen...testing out everything. :D 2 Tablespoons make an ounce. My first lights out was with an entire 2 oz of peanut butter on my sandwich so you should feel it then for sure with 3-4 Tablespoons. Edibles, everyone is going to be affected differently and you will have to hone in on the right mix and dosage for you.

4. Just need two chicks for a really good time. :bolt:

When I was trying things everyday it did kind of get to the point where I felt high when I was not high so does stand to reason you are building it up in your body because of it taking longer to process through the system. Cool...I think you are there! Yep, that is what I just told someone today when I gave them a little bottle of Citrus Fairy, dial in your dosage.

Hopefully I will have some things really dialed in by yours. You have some crazy stuff going on. I am with Yoda, cringe on that man in there with all that jizz!

5. I cut most of the balls off but the plant will be killed as soon as I get a rooted clone from it. I will be growing it and the Blue Mistic male out in my mini-fridge to harvest the pollen. Besides I have no females in flower so I am not worried about pollination.

I will probably be testing out the PB soon. Whenever I can get enough money to buy more smoke.

6. If I were to put it back in, would I have to maybe bake it for longer than the first time to achieve the right 'bakeage' of the weed?

:hello: for made up words.

Edit: Is the potency potentially at risk by putting it back in the oven?

7. #107 whatuthinkin, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    I am currently breaking up 8grams of shwag to make into 1.5 cups of PB. I am making it tonight and we will be eating it tomorrow. 3 maybe 4 of us will be eating so I think that should be plenty to get us good n blazed.

-Edit- Ok I decided to go ahead and use 2 cups of PB. I have the Great Value PB and it has 16g of fat per serving(25%). Also I am using crunchy PB rather than creamy. :cool: I am very excited to try it. The oven is pre-heating and I am mixing the marijuana with the PB. I am using an 8"x8" metal pan to cook it in. I have been taking pictures of it and will post once completed. I haven't seen anyone use crunchy PB yet....

8. Coolio! I prefer chunky myself so look forward to seeing your results. Keep in mind by uping it to 2 cups that each of you is going to have to eat 1/2 cup of peanut butter each. I took the time at the store last week to read the label of every peanut butter on the shelf and there is not much difference between all of them store brand, name brand, organic high end. Look forward to seeing the pics!

9. #109 whatuthinkin, Feb 5, 2010
    I don't think we will need that much as I upped the ammount of mj from what you suggested. You suggested 3 grams of shwag per cup and I used 4 grams per cup. 8 grams total. I can see a greenish tint to the PB now. I can taste the MJ more than I did before cooking. The edges started turning brown just like as described. I am uploading pictures now and will post them in a few min.

-Edit- Also with the crunchy there are whole peanuts in it that are taking up volume. I would think that 1 cup of crunchy would be slightly more concentrated than creamy. The peanuts don't really absorb anything. It is the creamy part of it that does. This is just a theory and I am not sure if it is accurate or not.

10. #110 whatuthinkin, Feb 5, 2010
    Ok so here is the recipe that I used.

2 cups crunchy PB
    [​IMG]

8 grams of shwag
    [​IMG]

I took all the seeds out of the MJ and left some of the smaller stems in it. Then put it all into a coffee grinder and turned everything to powder.

Put the PB in an 8"x8" pan and then poured the MJ onto it and mixed extremely well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here you can see up close how it looks once mixed.

[​IMG]

Pre-heated the oven to about 310-320. I covered it with foil and baked the mixture for approx 28-30 min.

The edges started turning brown just as described. It is still very creamy just like it originally was. I didn't use any oil because 1 I only have oil that is in my deep fryer and 2 I didn't think I would need it after reading the original thread. And it looks like I chose right because it is still perfectly creamy.

So far I am pleased with the results and will give a report on how well it works tomorrow sometime.

And the final product. You can see the edgest started to turn brown slightly so I believe I did everything correctly. Really excited to try it tomorrow!!!! :cool:
    [​IMG]

-Edit- Ok I lied. Me and my brother just ate 1/4 cup of PB on a grape PB&J sandwich. You could not taste the MJ at all. There is 2 grams of MJ per 1/2 cup of PB. I don't know how this will affect us but we will be eating 1/2 each tomorrow for sure. Tonight is just a sample.

-Edit2- 1.5 hours later we aren't feeling anything. We smoked a bowl as we ate the sandwiches but it wore off 30 min after smoking it or less. Not really feeling anything at all. I think I should have used the 8grams in 1.5 cups rather than 2 cups. I think the dosage of 3 grams of shwag per cup may be a little low. We will eat 1/2 cup each tomorrow. That will have 2 grams of MJ in it so hopefully we will feel something from that. If not we will have to wait till I harvest our plants because I don't think shwag will really do it unless there is a lot of it in there which will then effect the taste of the PB. We will see how tomorrow goes.

11. Also, while cooking there was NO smell of MJ coming from the oven. Is this possibly a sign that the MJ didn't 'bake' ? the dish was capped with tin foil though.

12. No, that is part of the beauty of this one...it does not stink up the entire house.

13. Thanks for the help MrsEd :)

Me and a friend are ingesting 3 tablespoons as I type this. Ill get back to you on the results (or hopefully I won't because I'll be a little busy :smoking:).

I didn't put it back in the oven, but if today doesn't work then I'll try putting what's left back in for another bake.

14. #114 MrsEd, Feb 5, 2010
    This is very strange that you both are not getting the results I did. Thinkin, yours looks like mine with the crust around the outside. I used the crappiest of crap schwags (as in the stuff that made us start growing again because it made your chest hurt to smoke it). I think I am going to have to make a batch right now for the bday parties this weekend and see what happens. Very discouraging that you are not getting good couchlock results.

Edit: Just put in a batch with 3gr (triple beam weighed) and about 3/4 cup peanut butter (I did not want to dirty a measuring cup so eyeballed it) with about a teaspoon of oil to try and match how you both did it a bit.

Edit: So, it is soupy when it comes out of the oven in the center but once cooled down it does firm back up to be the same consistancy.

15. #115 Gnorme, Feb 5, 2010
    So 1h 30mins later and no effects, putting it back in for 20 minutes (or until the edges brown a bit) and will ingest the rest. Not a fan of wasting weed (don't have much to use) but I really want to nail this down. Hopefully you can maybe find out what we did wrong with this new batch you're making :)

Edit: Ya it came out soupy the first time, but after cooling became the same consistency of PB again. About 5 minutes left in the oven after putting it back in. Here's hoping...

Edit: Just took it out, looks a lot more similar to your pictures when coming out this time. Letting it cool now.

Edit (again): First notice: tastes better this time. Tastes a lot less like MJ and while cooking I could actually smell the peanut butter in the living room (i.e. a lot more than last time). Is this a possible sign that this time it cooked enough?

16. Not to alarm anyone, but it's something to consider when making edibles.

Do you know the background of the weed your using? who grew it? and how they grew it? for instance, were dangerous pesticides used on the plant? if so, at what stage? and which pesticides were used?

Not only do I grow, but I do a lot of cooking with my products. and with each grow, I normally use Neem oil, and spinosad (Monterrey garden and insect spray) to control and knock down pests. both are labeled as organic products, and I only use them during the early vegetative stage. Leaving the flowering buds and sugar leaves untouched by chemicals and poisons.

recently I used Forbid 4f, which does not move through the plant's vascular system like Avid, there is growing concern in the MJ community over the use of Avid on MJ. granted most pesticides become inert when Burned, but, baking and ingestion is a different thing all together.

Avid is the main suspect in this persons death
    Medical marijuana and pesticides - WeedBay Forums

just something to think about when using MJ in edibles.

17. #117 Saaz, Feb 5, 2010
    That's a great point SugarDaddie.

I've had the misfortune of receiving Paraquat in the past. That's an extreme example obviously.

I was considering this just the other night: All that schwagg and Dirtweed- in fact most commercial is probably laden with pesticides! I can't envision the farmers in Mexico having acres and acres of weed and not treating it against pests. Even that stuff grown on Govt land.

That's why it's best to grow yer own.

18. A total of 5 tablespoons was ingested. Half before putting it back in the oven, the other after. No effects after more than 2 hours. What did I do wrong? :(

19. Bingo! it's more of a personal safety issue if people learn to grow there own. consumers of cannabis need to ask their dealers these questions, granted most dealers probably don't know, but it's always wise to ask. When my product goes out, I tell my broker everything about the grow, and what I use.

I had a friend back in the early 80's smoke some of that tainted stuff from mexico. it made him severely sick for months after wards. and Mexico ain't the most credible country to follow laws concerning the use of healthy pesticides.

anyways, sorry for hijacking your thread MrsEd. just thought it was worth mentioning.

20. Hijack whenever it is needed. I like to think of the Test Kitchen as a cooking team with all of us helping one another to hone the craft and get to the bottom of things. Does anyone watch that PBS show America's Test Kitchen....? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.