Mrs. Black widow

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by tjviperjr, Jul 5, 2012.

1. these raw bastards are everywhere where I live.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. there are too damn many of them that is for sure. I worry more about the brown recluse though. They are such a small and nondescript spider. At least you can identify widows pretty easy.

3. True that man. My neighbor has a hole in her leg the size of a baseball.

4. Dude fuck that shit, the black widow is the only scary spider where I live and they are not that common thank FUCK!

Like I stated in another thread I am glad I don't live in southern states, there needs to be winter so things die that are supposed too.

5. i don't fuck with any poisonous shit.

6. Haha u guys crack me up. I'm not a fan either.

7. lol, the south is full of these fuckers, and brown recluses, but a keen eye and a work boot takes care of them.

8. I would shit my pants if I laid eyes on one of those monsters. Luckily I have never seen one in person, keeping my undies shit free.

9. Er, "monsters"? Widows don't grow to the size of dinner plates like some other species do, but I guess I can understand your fear if you have a genuine paranoia about arachnids in general...

10. black widows live where i live. do not like.

11. I'm cool with the widows cuz the want nothing to do with ya. It's those jumping fuckers that I hate. So hard to kill when they start hoppin

12. If you tried to stomp a black widow/poisonous spider/tarantula

could they like dodge it and climb up your leg real quick?

because that is something that scares me. luckily the spiders where i live are pussies.

13. naw the only time they bite is if they can't get away from whatever is disturbing them by scattering

biting is the last resort, but yeah you'll be sorry if they do chomp ya haha

14. Get Bengal powder, keep it spread around especially if you are turning over stuff or crawling around in the dark, like under the house and stuff like that. Never put your hand or arm in a dark place w/o looking first. Don't mean to scare you but one neighbor was bit in the groin area and he was months getting over it and had a hole in the top of his leg the size of a soft ball. Another neighbor died from a black widow bite. In fact the neighbor that was bit in the groin died at age 51 only 3 years later and just last year had a unidentified flesh eating bacteria in his hand that affected his whole arm and took almost 6 months just to heal and a year of thereapy to get the use back to his hand.
    Be very careful and don't be ashamed to be afraid.

15. Alright that's one thing Englands good for. No deadly fucking spiders.

16. How dangerous are black widows? How much damage can they do to you?

17. Definitely wouldn't be wanting to live around these. My uncle use to live in Missouri, and we found one by a bar.

18. They're all over the place, the south is just full of em. :)

19. they are very venomous, a large female can kill a 200lb male in 20minutes if antivenom is not given in that time frame.

i will take a picture of 1 that has taken up residence on an old golf kart in my yard. it is a large female that has a leg span of roughly an inch and a half.

20. ^^ 20 minutes is an exaggeration. If you get to the hospital within a few hours of being bitten, odds are you'll be ok. The venom is a neurotoxin, therefore the bite is very painful, and causes large amounts of swelling, numbness and possible temporary paralysis. Generally people who die of black widow bites die of shock induced cardiac arrest just from the sheer amount of other symptoms.

My area has them theoretically, but I never see them around here ever, and no one else I know has either.

I'm thankful that my climate is too cold for brown recluse's though, those guys scare the crap out of me. Necrotizes flesh.:confused: