Mr. Postmans overgrown closet grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Mister Postman, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. I don\'t use any special camera or lens for these pics.. I take these pics with your average mid range 5mp point and shoot with a macro mode.

The black was just the background I used for that particular pic, but you can change the color the background a bit depending how close the image is to the background, and how high the flash is set.. If the object is further away from the background, and the flash is set low (just enough to light up the object) I get the darker backgrounds.

if you have photoshop you can get close up shots like I do without any special lens. Not as nice as shooting with a lens of course, but for trich shots it works nice enough if you already have a decent camera with a macro. I place the picture into photoshop, zoom in on the picture, and just crop a small piece of the original picture, and resize the pic down to a forum friendly size, and save it. That\'ll get ya zoomed in without having the ability for such pics with certain entry-mid level cameras

2. really not even with a digital slr. Wow.... I use a professional camera just don\'t have a macro lense or setting. Well very nice.. For a nice macro lense they run 350 - 400 but that will do like so small you can see spider eyes. So it would be great for seeing where your trichs are at in any stage. I plan on using it for more than ganja pics... :D But sure is a plus...

3. Its hard to find words to describe this.

You sir, are a King among Men. :smoke:

4. hey man...do u have to dry seeds???if so, how long?? i cut a nug off and got 5 brown seeds...do i let them dry??...check out my journal man, my hindu kush x skunk1 is SUPER frosty!

5. that sucks bro but iv been following your other journals for awhile anyway.:)

6. Yeah man this journal was a classic for the ages.

7. Good luck bro, hope all is well..

8. Take Care Brother! I Have A Feeling We\'ll Hear From Each Other Again Someday.

9. And a tradition ends. Too sad.

10. Are you completely leaving grasscity or just closing this thread?, cause its a huge thread for the grasscity web server lol. Its weird cause I was thinkin earlier you showed most of the ways to get setup up, I still remember when I first seen this thread start Thanks man for the knowlege I now know. :smoking: I\'ll smoke a fat one for the biggest grow journal I seen on here. Peace

11. wait why is this thread closing? it is a great marijuana growing guide, there is so much important information here... THANKS MR.POSTMAN:smoke:

12. Thanks for this thread. I spent waaaaay too much time in here.

Are you looking for a fresh start? Too much history can be bad for one\'s future for these sort of things.

Good Luck!

13. Sorry to see the thread go, it\'s been a great inspiration to me. Hopefuly we\'ll see more from ya Post, here or elsewhere. Given what you\'ve stated regarding security/management of your stuff, etc... can\'t blame ya.

Since I can\'t share in person, have a virtual toke in thanks :bongin:

Pimp.

P.S. Will the last person to leave, please turn off the lights?

14. In order to get a few pictures removed from the the member galleries the whole thing has to be removed.. Glad it seems much like nonsense to rest of ya\'ll as well. It would be so hard to give back the capabilities we once had as contributing forum members here to delete your pics from your member gallery.. I take lots of pretty pics, and when a magazine, or book wants to use pics those pics they have to come off of the grasscity pic gallery. When i went to go pull pics like I\'ve done a few times prior for this exact reason the delete option was no longer there for ANY pics.. Even newer uploaded pics which was never the case..

Bottom line grasscity does not offer a safe, and grower friendly enviroment any longer. They slowly and steadily took control of members photographs to the point once they are in the gallery they\'re there forever without possibility for deletion there once was. They know the content puts certain members at risk, but obviously it\'s not that big of issue in their minds. Member security comes after policing for inproper sig sizes, and posts in the wrong sections.

Like I said it\'s FISHY... Fishy moderators, and forum admistriation do not see the breach on members security that has been addopted without any mention what so ever... They deny even realizing that this is an issue for YOU members here... Again fishy... They say I\'m delusional and paranoid as i took notice of changes that took place that deny any grower on the forums here a security measure that is available on EVERY other forum with a growers section.. It seems they\'d wish we all were just delusional.

You wanna grow, grow on growers forum.. Seedbanks sending stealth deliveries to the USA will be on your side when shit hits the fan. Simple as that.. they have as much to protect as their forums members. With this forum it\'s about the protection of the grasscity business screw the members security. Don\'t even think, they make the connection between a forum member loss, and a customer being lost. Not sending seed packages into the states should pretty much let ya know they play by other governments rules, and with the option taken away of deleting it\'s as stanky as a fish, and a huge issue for any member here who was offered the security of deletion as needed at one time, and then had it taken away without mention...

If anyone else is comfortable with these changes adopted here, then so be it.. I did not, so will be moving on.. If you like it here, like what this site offers, and u feel safe here, go right ahead.. I\'d just suggest to host your pics elsewhere such as icmag or hg where the option to delete is always available at the drop of a hat if god forbid you needed to take those measures...

I have no security issues at this time, but if shit was to happen it shouldn\'t take contacting 2 mods who have no idea how to use the gallery let alone if anything had changed, and another who\'d rather call u dellisional then take into account a huge security issue for the members here...

15. No thats not even the case. I liked it here..

I liked having my 4-5 plants in a lil closet being deemed big time, or some pro setup LOL... i enjoyed teaching here, and helping others grow, and excel at growing. Even if it was just a small grow like myself in which provides the grower enough supply to never buy commercial again.. that\'s what it was all about for me.

I would of loved to continue my grow journal here helping establish grasscity as a growers forum, not just a forum overrun with 16 year olds looking for an after school recreation. As is the consensus on many forums i go, and tell them hey I\'m the postman from grasscity....

I came here pretty much on a clean slate as far as the grower forums went... Not much action was here at all... As the growers forums came alive they slowly took more, and more control over what we were able to do prior.. it puts those of us who been here the longest, and helped establish the growing population here at the most risk.

Oh well, what can ya do... All I can suggest if you\'d like to continue journals here is secure yourself with a proxy/tor, and host pics elsewhere other then grasscity. All other picture hosting sites will allow you to delete ur pics as needed. After doing all that you mine as well post them elswhere as well.... Just doesn\'t make much sense at all IMO.

16. damn man im sorry to hear that, i wasn\'t even aware of that situation. but i can honestly say that this journal has taught me so much, ive read it from start to finish more than twice.. so thank you again, and i hope you find another grow site were you can share your knowledge without any security issues.. good luck, and take care:wave:

17. so u think i shouldnt post pics on here???maybe i should move to icmag, and not here anymore....

18. I havent uploaded many pics here.but think I will move on as well.somthing dose feel wrong.see yall around.:)

19. I\'ve got what I need, Still these sites do feel fishy. Your IP address can say alot these days lol. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.