Mr. Postmans overgrown closet grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Mister Postman, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Postman whats up. Had to take the chance and ordered Those wonder diesel. By the way they sold out in little over a day.Asked if my missing could be my freebies we,ll see.

2. Update on the cross I made:

I\'m stoked!!! Just couple weeks in veg I got some power diesel showing sex.. These are showing sex very early, the earliest I ever experienced so far... not a bad trait to have:).

100% germination 6 for 6. 3 females, 1 male, and two yet to show sex... Not bad, not bad at all.. Also the tallest most vigorous plants are the females... which goes againt the theory of the males being the taller, more vigiorous from the start..

3. good shit man! its great knowin wat u got in veg instead of waiting a week into flower....good genes man...hopefully most of ur seeds will sex in veg...i sure hope mine do! the seeds are starting to pop out my calyxes, none are brown, all are green. prolly cuz im only a months into flwer....

4. wow mister postman, i must say, you grow some nice looking buds.

i\'m soon to start my own grow and i was wondering if you could shed some light on something for me.

if i veg 4-8 plants for a month, then put them under 12/12 to induce sexing, can i pull out a female and place it into a seperate area with 24/7 and keep vegging it to use as a mother plant, taking clippings for clones every week or so

is that basically what a mother plant is? a sexed female who is then reverted to vegging?

5. I\'ll take a stab at this real quick.

You can do what you propose, but it\'s not the most efficient method. Reversion to vegging is stressful to the plant and will significantly slow down development from what I understand. You could keep the plant as a mother, but keep in mind that it may slow down a good bit for several weeks.

A popular method is to grow X number of plants, veg them for 4+ weeks and then take clones off of them. Say you take 4 clones off each plant. 3 of each clone are kept in veg while rooting, the 4th is put directly under 12/12 lighting. Shortly the flowering clone will show sex, males can then be culled from the veg box accordingly. The remaining 3 clones in veg from each surviving mother should be rooting by this point and can then be moved into flower as needed.

6. Can\'t wait to see the shots I know will be forthcoming soon enough.

Man, I love this hobby, every time I turn around there\'s something new to learn that is actually interesting.

So the babies are showing sex a couple weeks into veg? Neat. I am not really familiar with the taller/more vigorous sprouts tending towards male, though in the last few days I\'ve read about it a little. The logic behind the theory makes sense, but hard to say if it\'s true more often than not. Have you noticed a tendency towards that on previous runs you made? Be interesting to see whether the differences in these babies are just from differing phenotypes of the hybrid, or something else.

I\'ll have to remember to keep an eye on any further runs of those you bring up from seed.

Edit: Congrats post.. 100 pages, 88,888 views (And counting)

7. :DJust wanted to say thanks again for all the great posts that come from your thread. My grow is really doing good now and I feel more confident about what I am doing with my girls. They thank you and I thank you...Peace:D

8. Mr postman, you are a god among insects haha dude what the hell, how are you so damn good at this?! If I had that much weed I wouldn\'t know what to do with all of it, you gotta sell some of it right?

Anyway, I have 1 female 3 weeks into flower and 50 days old under 3 23 watt cfl\'s and it seems like it will never finish. The plant is about 12\" tall and has a real thin stem compared to yours. I\'m guessing it needs more light, but do you think it will finish flowering by the end of august? (its indoor under 12/12)

Sorry to bother you with my petty problems o graceful one, just frustrated that\'s all. Your bud is awe inspiring, keep it up!!!:wave::smoke:

9. I have no need to sell drugs... I\'m not a dealer, I\'m a smoker.. All though it may seem, I simply do not grow enough herb to deal in it... If I sold, it comes out of my share:) and ya know what... It\'s not worth it. I smoke for free, I supply my cousin meds for free, and I grow the buds of my dreams... That\'s what makes it worth it to me. Not the money my buds r worth on the street. i grow to stay off the street... your only 3 weeks into flower... How fast you think they finish??? You still have time... End of august would put you about 50-55 days.... it would have to be a very early finisher to finish that early under low lighting like you have... You need more lighting... Weak stems, and tall growth is do to lack of light...

10. :hello::hello:

11. Continuation of journal on icmag, until photogallery issues are resolved. To much of a pain in the ass to host elsewhere, and post here

12. Mr. Postman, thank you!

First time posting in your journal, but I\'ve been reading it for quite some time now and I just wanted to let you know what an amazing amount of knowledge that has been crammed into my skull via this 100-and-something-page post. I\'m a total novice at growing, but thanks to this journal I currently have 2 very lovely females in their 3rd week of flowering and everything is looking peachy. I\'ve learned more from this journal then I have from probably every book/website I\'ve come across before it.

Much respect and peace, man :)

Many thanks too!
    Goo

13. This is what this forum is all about....I\'ve posted a few times about how you are more of a danger to you and your family being involved in a drug deal than you are in growing your own and staying quiet.

If we all keep educating the public on what can be done...maybe things will change.

14. Will be visiting icmag fo sho Postman! The Power Diesel is really some inspirational stuff!

15. Hey man I didn\'t mean to accuse you or anything, but like a lot of people I found it hard to believe that a person could smoke that much lol guess I was wrong. That\'s cool though, I wouldn\'t want to deal either. Grow it to smoke it!! :smoke:

Thanks for the advice, like most beginner growers i\'m extremely impatient:D Ill get some more lights on it asap.

16. yeah bro please do... My door over there will always be open to my fellow grasscity growers, and blowers... I\'m certainly not going anywhere just had to change my venues... When ya gut flips...... Trust it... Yah know where I\'ll be found :wave:

17. The female Power Diesel :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Dried Wonder Diesel :p (Willy Wonder Pheno)

[​IMG]

closer look
    [​IMG]

19. that power diesel looks D-A-N-K!!! :smoke:

20. Very nice pics, I love the close ups budshots what are you using for a camera and lense? I am looking to buy a macro lense for my 20D just so I can compete with ya:D... Awesome pics dude. Mine takes good close ups but not that good. Also the black background are you photoshopping that in? Makes the colors pop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.