Mr. Postmans overgrown closet grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Mister Postman, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hmm gonna have to check out hg420, and see what\'s up over there.. Thanks for the heads up on the pics.

Good luck with your grow.

2. Hey Mister Postman, well I just finished reading the first 29 pages plus the last couple so yeah I\'ve spent a long time in your thread. Great Job. I\'m an absolute beginner. But quick question, on page 29 i think it was, u said your 400 broke so you ran 2 250\'s. Did you notice a spike at all in your electricity bill?

3. Just curious i have a cupboard thats about 32 inches and 2 ft wide and 2 ft in length, i got a 150 watt hps, i was curious if i could still yield a oz a a plant, i just want to harest 3 plants a time is this enough space for something so, small and convient. something personal, does NL yield good or average?? thanks postman

4. i think you should put out growing guides so we can all grow like you

5. Nah the 100 watts wasn\'t that noticable of an increase in electricity.

6. well with 32 inches hieght it\'s going to be hard to run that 150hps IMO. Your gonna have to run a cool tube or have good ventilation. You figure the smallest pot your gonna want is a gallon, and that is around 8 inches high 8 inches round. Take away the pot hieght, the light fixture, and the distance your gonna need for the tops to be cool it isn\'t gonna leave you with to much head room for plant. I say you\'d do better with atleast a square foot per plant, so two plants. Look up scrog growing as that would be a huge benefit in such a small enclosure. Even one plant grown scrog would make great use of the space. Just veg until the screen is 75% full or so, and switch to flower. This will keep your canopy low-even, and maximize your light coverage.. Giving 1 gallon pots and atleast 1 ft2 per plant I;d say an ounce each is obtainable depending on strain. If scrog you could probably do better.

Northern lights IME was a slightly above average yielding strain. I\'m sure some phenos would be considered heavy yielders. and some average. Northern lights is a good blend of genetics, and depending on where you get it, it can have some variety between each breeders offering.

7. Just me and my bitches. My PPP Momma bush:D . Hmm think it\'s time for a transplant;) . And a young grapefruit momma.

I love this ppp.. anything I throw at it, it responds with growth LOL.. Topped on top of topped, and never slowing for a second. Gotta run me a sea of green of these eventually

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grapefruit x nl momma. I already topped her twice, and have started some lst.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Now for the good part.. Flowering plants.

Young PPP, early flower.
    [​IMG]
    Check out how long, and bushy the hairs are.. An awesome bright yellow too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grapefruit x nl. starting to frost up nicely
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is looking down on a bud I tipped.. I took off 1/4 inch as soon as it started to set bud. A nice massive bud is starting to form. Instead of having that long running calyx like some of the other buds have this one should develope fat,. and fluffy:smoking:
    [​IMG]

9. Ya thought today use the cupboard for veggin and clones and use my closet, 4 the grow, its 5 ft and its 4x4, gonna look into a 400 hps this week, close to the window so can create good ventailation. well i will keep in touch thanks for your help. Plus have you ever budded nething with just fluroscents cause my buddie only gets a half per plant with two 37 watt fluroscent bulbs like yours??? gives off alot of lumens and green growth too. Just small buds, nice lookin mothers, I luv the green to them looks really healthy.

10. Your plants look so healthy what soil and nutes are you using for these plants?

11. I know topping is one thing but, how do you make them really bushy, like the strain must

have something to do with it, and the hps, but thats nice work true grennthumb. Just curious if there is a technique cause would\'nt mind knowing:smoking:?

12. To be honest this round I tried to go cheap and local, and picked scotts soil. Doesn\'t have much ferts added apart from a little phosphorus, which I thought would be aight. Wrong, I hate the shit. I ended up burning them right as flowreing starting following a transplant and a bloom feeding. I feed very little in veg, so of course didn\'t have much trouble till I transplanted into fresh soil, and started feeding:p . Live and learn.

I got tired of paying shipping for a 50lb bag of fox farms soil, but here I am regretting it:rolleyes: . I got the plants under control now, and they are looking healthy now, but the savings was not worth the headache. I reccomend fox farms soil/soiless mediums. My first 2 rounds in this journal I used ocean/forrest blend, with a little extra perlite added. It\'s a good organic based soil which gets through the first 3-4 weeks of veg without any added ferts needed. This is a good starting soil though, and throughout my grow journal I\'ve been using the fox farms products as a base, and adding in some things here and there as I\'m still searching for the perfect mix myself:) . I\'ve had success with the fox farms ocean, and a little perlite. fox farms ocean, with fox farms light warrior 50/50.. Coco coir, and light warrior 50/50 etc..

As for fertilizer I love pure blend pro!! Very easy to use, and ph stable IME. I started with these, and never strayed as they work;) . I use the botanicare line with a base of pure blend pro grow/bloom soil, liquid karma, and cal/mag plus as needed. I wouldn\'t need anything more then these to grow exceptional marijuana but I like to try new things, and have included some flower boosters (big bud-overdrive), and flavor enhancers (blackstrap molasses, succanat) which are added during flowering.

13. To get a bush like that momma PPP bush, I use both techniques topping, and lst.

I basically top the plant at anywhere between 4-5 node. Once it\'s topped, and you get that v shape, I then tie down those shoots horzontal. In the pic below you can see the plant was topped, and then each main shoot was tied horizontal on each side of the pot. From that point on the inner node growth should grow out pretty even, and those that that become uneven I go ahead and top them giving more shoots, and more of an even bush shape. Basically it\'s growing a plant on it\'s side thus making all inner node shoots part of the canopy.
    [​IMG]

14. Those look soooooo good. Wicked.

15. I know how to top and stuff just, the tieing down works probably 10 times better then just topping, i will have to try this, from wut I see it works for you and very very well too. Thanks alot

16. Hey there Postman.
    I was just wondering if you\'re still breeding those chameleons? If so, I would be interested in buying one or two. I dont even know if you sell them, but if you do let me know.
    Peace. Greg

17. Hey Postman, great plants as always man, I have about an 8x5 closet space to use as a grow room right now im trying to figure out everything i need to start it off. i wanted get the Hashberry and Kalichakra from mandala seeds as my first grow. trying to figure out what all i need to buy to get started as far as lighting and fans and whatnot goes. do you have any suggestions on that and if you dont mind me asking where did you find the purple power plant :smoking:

18. I don\'t breed them anymore myself, but could point you in the direction of a few reputable captive breeders if your interested? If your going to get one it would be a huge pluss purchasing a captive born, rather then one collected from the wild as they will most likely have parasites, and naturally once taken from the wild and caged they stress a lot more from the start, and are harder to get acclimated to captive care.

Chams are not the easiest reptile to keep though. They are solitary reptiles until breeding season, so they do not do well in pairs. Males usually dominating females other smaller males to the point of death. They stress out easy, and would rather be left alone, then handled frequintly. Hook them up with a nice natural corner vivarium feed/mist them daily and leave them alone for the most part. Basically a very beautiful, and interesting reptile to observe, but not much of a \"pet\" in the sense that they\'d like human contact.

If your looking to handle, and have more of a \"pet reptile\" the Bearded Dragons are number 1 on that list of pet reptiles. They come in a wild assortment of colors like the chams, and once acclimated to their home cages, they seem to actually enjoy, or rather are tollerent of contact, and handling out of the cage. All that\'s available in the states have been born, and bred here, so your less likely to run into the problems of getting them acclimated to captive care like some wild collected chams.

If you have any further questions or asnything please PM. I\'d like to keep off topic posts to the journal to a minimal, as it is getting incredibly looonnng, and hard to navigate to find info as it\'s needed.

19. You\'d be best to post this in the growroom design/setup forum as you\'d be getting more then 1 persons help, and experiance. I\'m a noob when it comes to setting up indoor grows, so not all up on which brands/products are better then others. Since my closet remains open while lights on it didn\'t take to much effort to cool the space. if your planning a closed closet grow ventilation, and doing it right is going to be very important.. I put mine together with what I had on hand fans etc. A lot would depend on how much $$ you had to invest into the startup setup.

The absolute most important things is lighting the space, and being able to control temps with proper ventilation, and air exchange out of the grow space. If you have the dough to put up front this could be as easy as purchasing cool tubes for your lights, which allow you to vent the heat right at the source which is the bulbs/fixture.

Take this over to the growroom setup forum as a lot of back in forth questions is needed as to what you have on hand, your experiance, and the money your looking to put into the grow.

But the 2 main factors is providing the light you need for your space, and ventilation. The rest is basically little things here and there such as mylar, or painting the walls a flat white if not already.

http://www.marijuanagrowing.com/article.php?sid=31

The purple PPP was just the luck of the draw. I found her in a pack of Pure power plant from nirvana which the majority do not develop the purple as mine did. I saw one other thread over on icmag where someone got a purple pure power plant as well, so it is floating around int he genetics somewhere.

20. I was reading back a bit, and you said something about flushing your 8 grams of lemon head down the toilet. So what happened to it?

I will PM you about the chameleons tomorrow. Thanks for the reply btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.