Mr. Postmans overgrown closet grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Mister Postman, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. looks like those are gonna be pretty tasty nice grow

2. Thanks for stoppin in Wookie. It should be very sweet when done. I\'m going to take my time with this one, and let them go till the trichs are 50/50 clear/amber

I\'m taking a trip to the grow today. If there is anything significant to update I\'ll be sure to do so.. I tink taking pics every other day may be a bit much though, so maybe an update every 5 days or so?? I\'ll be back with an update this evening none the less.

3. I like what I see man! Keep us updated. :D

I\'m about 3 weeks into a closet grow, about a 2.5 X 2.5 X6 space, fluoros for veg and a 150W HPS on the way for flowering. I\'m planning on getting some extra warm cfl\'s at some point too. Do you think I should bother with LST or just grow these straight up, since I\'ve got enough headroom? Looking at those fatty bushes you\'ve got, I don\'t know if I can fit 4 healthy plants into 6 sq. ft. Am I wrong?

4. I would LST if I were you because 150w won\'t penetraye very far down so if you let them get tall only the top of the plants would be getting much light

5. Wow It\'s amazing what 2 days can do.. On my trip to the grow room this is what I saw when I opened the closet...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ok Yesterday I recieved two 85watt cfls to add to my grow closet. This will allow me to push back the fan, and auto pot system, and open up about another foot of room which is highly needd right about now
    [​IMG]
    This is a picture with the two heavy duty cfls added, and my grow room about a foot longer.
    Ahh gotta love the space, and a neater grow space:hello:
    [​IMG]
    WOW LOOK AT THOSE TWO IN THE AUTO POTS TAkE OFF!!!
    [​IMG]
    Ok well I watered today. I took a gallon of distilled wtare added Pure Blend Pro Bloom until my ppm hit 600, and then I added in the liquid Karma, and Ionic boost till ppm hoit 725 and watered.

Now the shots of the plants:smoking:
    [​IMG]
    BUD SITES GALORE ON THIS LOCAL STRAIN CLONE
    [​IMG]
    Nice shot of my Sadhu clone.. The last I did two days ago is comming along lovely
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I\'m going to really let the pots dry out the next couplke days.. i think I\'ll water again in three days, and this watering I\'ll use a lot of pure water, and let it run out the bottom for the while.. Then the next watering I\'ll reintroduce my ferts. Hope your liking how this coming along so far.. So far I\'m very pleased. Update in a few days.. any questions ask away

6. Off hand, whats the light penetration of 150W HPS? I remember a chart I saw a few weeks back about lumens and distance from various bulbs, I\'m just too damn lazy to go looking for it again.

Thanks for the advice man.

7. you may be able to fit 4 if you lst.. The 150 watt hps is not going to penetrate to deep, so keeping everything nice and even with lst will be of a benefit to you as it is me. I would add a few cfls if you got them.. I look at it as any light will help.. if you got them light them.. I like using them for out of the way spots or for inner growth they work great.

8. Two pictures I missed in my update today above.. these are the durban poison x skunk buds.. In my last grow I flowered the mother to this clone and she was full of pink.. The pink/purple is coming.. Look closely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. So it\'s not a flouro grow? No wonder your plants look so healthy.

And wow, that Durban Poison x Skunk #1 is one pretty woman. So much color. I was trying to grow that strain on this grow but like most others I couldn\'t get them to sprout. Can\'t wait until next year...I\'m gonna try to grow a couple outside.

Can you give a smoke report on the DPxS#1?

10. is the plant inbetween the 2 strip flours skunk#1 as it looks just likt one of my skunk girls

11. [​IMG]
    Hmm you know I moved those fluoros around day to day.. If you speaking of the first picture I posted on day 1 above. they are on either sides of the plants in the auto pots which are upfront Northern lights, and behind ICE.

12. Yes, I\'ve heard about some germination problems. I have 20 seeds of it, and out of the 4 I planted 3 sprouted with 2 being males, and the female in my gallery if interested being smoked on now for this smoke report:smoking: .. She had the pink/purple pistals in the pics in the gallery. Hmm you know I didn\'t clone her again.. That may have been a boo boo on my part.. I figured what the hell I had 16 more seeds of it..Hmm gonna go back to the grow today and pull a clone or two in case this pink/purple is one of MANY phenos..

Ok the smell.. On the plant it just smells hell o\' potent. Like s strong sharp, skunky fuel smell if there is sucha smell as that LOL... The buds grew very dense, and squat for a heavy sativa cross.. The plant I grew out was very skunk looking wih thick fleshy leaves, and very easy to manage indoors. The buds in the jar now after a 2 weeks cure are very nice looking.. Darker in color then my usual smoke, and what was pink on the plant dried to a salmon orange color, and what was purple still has a purple hue to it. The buds break apart really nicely in balls of hairs, and crystals. The smell is earthy, skunky, but on the sweet side as well. It took on a lot of the sweetness in the cure as it smelt just straight POTENT skunky before the cure. With the first small hit from the bong I definetly get a feeling of brightness in my vision. The taste is very earthy, lightl lemony skunk, but when you take a really big hit the sweetness, lemons, and floral aroma/sweet pipe tobacco taste take over. It got a taste that makes you want to smoke more, but the high is very sativa compared to my usual. It is a very smoke go out, and enjoy the sunshine type of stone.. I\'m sitting here 12 noon in my pj\'s still on a beautiful day, and now after my coffee and Durban Poison x Skunk #1 I\'m ready to face the world......:bongin:

grow it you\'ll like. Hopefully you\'ll get lucky and get a few to germ.. I guess that I\'m proof that a few of those may be good so don\'t go tossing them yet.. Me go now to take clones before it\'s to late:wave:

13. Ok well after giving it some thought I did want my Durban Poison x Skunk#1 pink/purple pheno to stick around for a while, so I took two clone cuttings from the bottom growth of the plant.

Upon opening the closet this is what I saw
    [​IMG]
    I can definitly see a daily change, and quick growth. The auto pots are just astounding, and are growing very strong and healthy.
    [​IMG]
    Just a pic showing the overall bud sites
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So anyone wanna estimate the total yield?? The closest to the total yield wins... I wish I could share the fruits of my labor LOL:smoking:

14. damn these chickas grow fast

15. Yes Nicho So far so good.. It\'s crazy to think that the first pictures of this journal were taken only 5 days ago. I think the growth has been very nice, and would even look more drastic if I wasn\'t in there daily tieing things down and keeping things pretty even.. The ones in the auto pots were just left to grow straight up. I think all in all the ones left to grow straight up may end up being tied down as well.. The plants in the auto pots have the nutirents right at the roots, and are growing very fast. next grow I will flood the whole space with the auto pot smart valves. The auto pots just make everything extrmely easy.. no wattering every other day, just fill the res with nutes and let them babies go for the glory

16. looking good... and where would u get one of those autopots :p they look like they are doing your girls well :)

17. I was lucky enough to get one form my buddy half price, but they sell them at www.futuregardens.com relatively cheap. The whole unit is centered around the smart valve that floods the pots, lets the plant drink it all fully before flooding the pots again.. Basically giving the roots a chance to dry out, and as the water rushes into the pot oxygen/air is replaced in the soil/hydo medium leading to nice growth.. if your handy, and have something to use for the resevoir all you need to purchase is the smart valve itself.. Then it\'s just a matter of finding something suitable to hold your pots, and be flooded (like a big 4-5 inch high rubbermaid). I bought a 41quart rubbermaid that is 3ft long 16.5 wide, and 6 inches high... I\'m going to cut holes in the lid which regular pots with holes in the bottom can slip down into.. then I\'m going to place the valve in fill the res. and flood my whole darn grow space with water, and just place pots in as needed, and grow me some good buds:smoking: .

how the smart valve works http://www.futuregarden.com/hydroponics/smartvalve.html

18. Well this is what I saw upon opening my closet the afternoon of day 12 flower
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My Auto pot girls are doing quite nicely.. me likes, me likes..:hello: Northern lights up front, ICE in he back
    [​IMG]
    Now for the line up first off my Durban Poison x Skunk Clone. Pink pistals...YUMMY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    local strain clone
    [​IMG]
    Northern Lights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sadhu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hashberry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I repotted three plants into their final resting pots
    [​IMG]

19. Plants are looking good :]

Would one of those smart valves be enough to flood a whole tray? The description made it sound like it only works in certain sizes because of the pressure or something... If only one will work then I might buy it and hook it to the tubes and reservoir for my next grow with coco....

20. Hmm you know I didn\'t get that from reading the site.. I have to refill my res this week.. I\'ll give it a try in my 41qt Rubbermaid before mixing in my nutes this week if you have that time? I think it should work just fine.. The only mension of pressure I saw is where they say

\"Each SmartValve is fed by a 1/4\" connection to a low pressure (up to 8 psi) water or nutrient solution source. Since they can operate at extremely low pressure, a simple gravity feed reservoir can be used as a supply by making sure it is raised just slightly above the SmartValve(s). \"

What they are basically talking about is that you do not need a pump to get the nutrients to flood the system etc. The valve gets connected to the res with a 1/4in. hose, and Just 8psi of water pressure is needed to flood he system, and that can be achieved by just lifting the res. above the level the valve sits inside the tray.

I mean they have the valve flooding this system, and that\'s quite a bit larger then the the two pot system. they sell extension kits for it, and each extension does not need a valve, so one must contril, and flood them all..
    http://www.futuregarden.com/hydroponics/systems_smartgardens.html

I\'d just email the comapny, and see what they think? I\'m sure they know if the valve is capable of that. At any rate I\'ll be flooding my 41qt rubbermaid this week when my res needes changing for my own testing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.