Mr.Nice's Indoor LED/CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mr.nice949, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Hello friends!

This is my first grow online Journal.... This grow is a small cab in my place. I'm generally an outdoor organic grower but I decided to build a small cab for strain testing and breeding purposes.

I am currently running 4 2100 Lumen Cfls and 2 32 watt victsing mixed spectrum UFO LEDs which will be switched out for a Mars Hydro Panel LED during flower. The entire cab is about 5 ft tall by 2 1/2 ft length and width. My light however is focused to a 1.5 sq ft area with a light efficiency of about 11,000 lumens in said space.

The grow medium is a Fox Farms Happy frog/compost mix. While using some various bottled nutes.

These are all BC Kush by BC Bud Depot

Here is the progress so far....

Starting on the 5th when the sprout has fully formed.
    IMAG0072.jpg

Here is the 15th IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0108.jpg

2. The 20th

[​IMG]

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. The 25th

[​IMG]

4. Yesterday

[​IMG]

5. What is the purpose of putting multiple pots in one big pot?

6. Space... this is my first grow using 4 inch square pots, around the 20th I noticed a decrease in growth and assumed they were starting to get root bound. I didn't want to transplant them all to bigger sizes then they would have the potential to get too big for my cab. By having them in separated pots I'm hoping to control where the roots grow without them getting tangled and stealing nutrients while still allowing them more room to grow. Which seems to have worked perfectly

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Makes perfect sense. Like most others I am outgrowing my set up and wanted to confirm that's why people do it. Do you already know they are all females or are you taking a risk? Thanks....I'm growing for my first time...just trying to learn.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah there all fems. But these are all the same strain so when a male pops it's easier for me to tell than for most

• Like Like x 2
  9. Looks great man. subbed

• Like Like x 2
  10. Subbed bro!

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Man i love a good cardboard grow box grow. Subbed! Hey what kind of LEDs are those? Do they work good?

Sent from my XT1019 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey man, this is looking really really good. Im curious as well to what type of LEDs those are and how much they ran you. Also, what color temp CFLs are those?

The root separation idea is really awesome, definitely going to keep an eye on how these girls turn out. I may even try it myself. I know cannabis roots enjoy deep penetration of the ground for stability, so stressing the roots to grow down is a really smart idea imo. Never seen it used before.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks man! Yeah my dad was a hobbiest landscaper when I was growing up so I have lots of little techniques I learned , but those are victsing grow LEDs, 36 watts each. And the cfls are 2100 lumen output 2700's. The LEDs are mixed spectrum so I don't change the cfls at all. Just the same through veg and flower.

• Like Like x 1
  14. $22.00 each on Amazon. Standard socket.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alright so I made a few mistakes... two of the 3 I planted were males.... so I did a final transplant and gave the female the 10 gal. Shouldn't get too huge... but I did get a kind of nice surprise, one of the "males" I pulled way early started to flower when I put it outside. So I guess I still got 2 females this round. Both are 2 weeks in flower[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2