Mr. Nice Black Widow feminized...?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by R.Batty, Apr 24, 2022.

1. I was a longtime fan of the White Widow genetics prior to begging to grow. I totally want to grow this strain from the ORIGINAL breeder. Issue is I can't seem to find a bank that has feminized. I am just a personal use grower and only have room for 3 plants. So, you see my problem. If I start a grow with 3 and even one of those is male (or worse hermie) I am as they say totally fucked. Anyone know where I can find such a thing?

2. #2 Vee, Apr 24, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    [​IMG]
    from memory the original only comes in regular flavors their a few shifty fakes in the fem but Id avoid them

grow yours out and make your own seeds. Black is a famous classic these days far better
    than GH's White widow thats been copied by every shitty breeder for miles

I hope you know the famous story that goes with 'black'
    The story of Black Widow is quite an interesting one. Some believe this indica/sativa hybrid is the original White Widow; the strain that blew the competition away at the 1995 Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam and still one of the most famous and popular strains around.

The creator of Black Widow is Scott Blackey, better known as Shantibaba. He's a well-known breeder from Australia and one of the people behind Mr. Nice Seeds and the CBD Crew.

But Shantibaba is also one of the founders of Greenhouse Seeds from Amsterdam. In 1994 he joined Arjan Roskam to start this new line of cannabis seeds. In 1995 their company introduced White Widow at the Cannabis Cup to the rest of the world and went home with the first prize.

According to Shantibaba he was the one who created White Widow. When Shantibaba left Greenhouse Seeds in 1998 he was able to take the genetics he created with him, but he couldn’t claim the White Widow™ name.

When Shantibaba opened his own seed bank 'Mr Nice Seeds' shortly after, together with the famous ex-smuggler Howard Marks (aka Mr. Nice - RIP), one of the most interesting strains in their catalog was 'Black Widow'. Indeed, the White Widow from Amsterdam but with a new name.

Important detail worth mentioning: Arjan Roskam disputes Shantibaba's version of the history behind the famous White Widow. According to Arjan White Widow is a creation by Ingmar, a breeder from The Netherlands who gave the genetics to Arjan/Greenhouse Seeds including the right to use the name White Widow. Genetics from Ingmar, including his version of White Widow, are sold these days under the name of 'De Sjamaan Seeds'.

But enough gossip. Let's talk about the strain itself.

Black Widow derives from a South Indian indica and a Brazilian sativa. This genetic makeup makes this strain a slightly indica-dominant (60%) cannabis hybrid. The most eye-catching feature of Black Widow are the buds which are covered in a massive amount of white trichomes which give them a mouthwatering frosty look.

Most people describe the effects as an incredible uplifting, energetic, euphoric and talkative high. But be aware, this strain can be devastating for some. Cross the line by smoking too much and you will be rewarded with a classic all-destructive couch-lock.

It’s a very aromatic strain, which possesses an interesting cannabinoid and terpene profile. Sweet, fruity, pine and spices. All in one package.

Black Widow is an easy strain to grow, so it's highly recommended to beginning growers. It thrives well in indoor- outdoor and greenhouse settings as well as in soil and hydroponic setups. In all cases Black Widow won't disappoint for sure.

The flowering period of Black Widow takes around 8-10 weeks indoors. Outdoors the plants can be harvested at the end of September to the beginning of October.
    Black Widow - Strain Information - CannaConnection [/sppoiler]

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can't do the full grow. I only get 3 grows a year and I don't want to waste one.
    Yah, I know the story. Not all the details. But I hate a fucking thief! I refuse to buy a single thing from Arjan and his monkey boy. Shantibaba is da shizzile :smiley-rolling-joint:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Time for some new flavors my man and indeed some great WW derivatives out their,
    including some autoflowing that at first I was very sus ...done and dusted in 2 months .. thats 6 grows a year

• Like Like x 2
  5. TBH I tried an auto grow a while ago. Didn't do what I hoped. I suppose I could try again but I like photo and ain't gonna fix what ain't broken. So I guess the long and short is unless I am willing to chance reg seeds I will not be able to grow these genetics...that bites. :devious:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah man, dont be afraid to branch out (pun not intended) whith a new strain. There are some amazing crosses in the Euro seedbanks. Serious Seeds White Russian for example. AKxWW.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I have done many very successful grows. I have my favorite strains. I just would've liked to have given this one a go.

8. You could just buy the pack and keep popping seeds until you have a female then make your own feminized seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I can't believe I'm going to say this as..... I despise autos....tried to grow a few...they don't like me I don't like them.....but autos have changed a bit since then and I have seen some nice-looking autos of late. In your situation Autos may be the best fit for you....you can get just about any flavor you want and turn around is pretty fast.

10. I do not have a huge grow space. Only grow 3 at a time. So I am unwilling to pop 3 to have 1 or more males that contaminate the others.

11. Yeah that’s why you’d have to sacrifice one of your grows. But as long as one of the 3 was female you could just use silver to make fem seeds. You get a few 100 female black widow seeds then never have to worry about it again. Seedsman sells a pretty good feminized White Widow though. Not Shab’s. I just seen someone already recommenced you do this and you didn’t like the plan. But Mr.Nice doesn’t sell feminized as far as I know. I don’t grow feminized seeds so idk really. Good luck though bud.

12. Colloidal silver maybe the answer, of the 3 females you have growing, spray one lateral/ branch daily until male flowers appear, relocate then apply the pollen to another branch the pollen lasts for miles ...lol