Mr. Meaner's First Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Mister Meaner, Jul 20, 2010.

1. The top buds are ready to go then. I am going to flush for 3 days and leave them in the dark for a day or so, then harvest the tops. Then I will lower the light and let the rest of the smaller lower buds ripen up. I figure they will be ready in another week or two.

2. your plants are looking real nice but the photos look like they are about 1/2 way how long have they been flowering ?

3. 7 Weeks. Why do you say 1/2 way? The trichs are turning. I am looking for 50% amber so I will keep checking them before I chop. (I am not a big fan of the couchlock.) If I need to add time it is not a big deal.

4. Yeah, OK. It might not quite be ready. I blame a sub-par scope along with an overactive imagination and an over-eager stoner! :smoke:
    But I swear! IT IS CLOSE!!!:hello:
    I would say the trichs are 25% amber. I will continue to flush and take it day by day.
    It is kind of weird, but in the middle of the grow I had a hard time imagining cutting her up after putting so much work in to her. Now I can't wait!

5. good job man. thats nuts how well she turned around and is doing

6. Alright... I know it is a bit early... But the ax is going to fall on saturday. Mrs. Meaner can't handle the stink anymore!!! I will keep it in the dark starting tomorrow and then it's "Off with 'er head!". Of course I will document the whole thing for y'all. I estimate that I will get about an ounce dry. That is, I will be thrilled if I get an ounce!!! I really have zero experience estimating harvest weights so we will see how it goes.

I ordered a new fan for the next grow. Just a small bathroom exhaust fan that I can pipe right through the wall, out the back of the house. That should increase the airflow in the cabinet and keep me in the lady's good graces! I also built an eight bulb fixture for the next grow as well.

See ya saturday!!!

7. im very impressed with this plant, i wish i had the area to experiment with growing.

8. Well subscribed right at the end but Hoping you will follow up your next grow from here. I myself got some baby mystics cant wait to use there clones to test my new grow setup.

[​IMG]

Baby mystic 1

[​IMG]

Baby mystic 2

9. Ahh... Seems like only yesterday.... :p

10. Nice work man. I'm subbed. I can't wait to see harvest results!

11. #111 Mister Meaner, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2010
    It is done!!!
    I did a quick and dirty trim job, but I will finish it up once they dry, before I jar them. Didn't take as long as I thought it would, and it fit perfect on my homemade drying rack. I left the fan on in the cabinet and put a dehumidifier in the room. RH is at 40% now so it should go pretty fast. I will post the final weight in a few days.
    You like??? :hello::hello::hello:

Attached Files:

12. great grow man i wish i had the room to do that. how much did you yield?

13. It doesn't take much space. Look in to a Micro PC cab grow. I didn't weigh it wet but I will post the dry weight in a couple days.

14. Incredible! I love it! Nice work.

Whats next??

15. Blackjack from Nirvana is next. But not till Dec. or Jan.

16. My buds are not dry enough to jar yet. But the trim I took is dry enough to make some green dragon!
    I baked an eighth at 325 for 5 min. (Ground)
    Mixed with 2oz. Bacardi 151 in a mason jar
    Place jar uncovered in shallow pan of boiling water @170 degrees for 20 min
    remove, strain, cool and enjoy!
    Dose is about 1 ml. 1 Batch makes about 30 doses.
    Recipe found hereThe Definitive Green Dragon (Revised, Updated, Combined) - Cannabis Forums Message Boards - Medical Marijuana, Cannabis Club, Dispensary, News
    And here: Cannabis Tincture

I took the first dose about 1/2 hour ago and it is getting hard to type!
    Tastes like shit though! LOL!

17. I'm gonna try this soon!

18. dry weight? youve done a great job.

19. Weight!
    Buds= 31g
    Trim= around 25g

I learned that it is WAY easier to trim it up when it is wet.
    I also learned that an ounce of weed is a LOT! I use maybe 2g/week, this is going to last me a while!
    The best news is I get to experiment with some edibles and I have plenty to share with a few close friends!

A big thanks to all of you that offered help and encouragement! I could not have done it without GC!