Mr. Meaner's First Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Mister Meaner, Jul 20, 2010.

1. New growth looks healthy, which is all that matters in my book. :cool:

MJ's resilience will impress you, glad you decided to stick with it. :hello:

2. So I got bored and decided to prune away some of the damaged growth and let the light shine on the new growth that seems to be covering the entire stem. I took away about a third of the damage and I will see how she responds. If all goes well I will take more off tomorrow or the next day. The ugly leaves bug the crap out of me...
    Fingers crossed.
    [​IMG]

3. Screw it. I chopped out all the damaged leaf. It doesn't even look like the same plant now. The thing is small, but bushy as fuck though. Might raise the light a bit to get some stretch. 3 Weeks till I flip.

4. Poor plant. Im so sorry your first grow isn't coming along as planned! :p

5. A pic of the rebound. It is so thick I cant find the stem. Leaves and branches are growing out of everywhere!
    [​IMG]

6. well it looks like she recovered well after what she looked like earlier

7. Yeah, thanks! It is a real testament to the hardiness of these plants. I just hope that all the stress hasn't hurt me too bad in the long run. I am already setting up for run #2 in December. Then we will really see how much I have learned.

8. I did a res change yesterday and now the algae seems to have returned. Not as bad as before, I treated it with H2O2. I do wonder if using the H2O2 will destroy the Hygrozyme that I am also using?
    Also in there is a homemade mini reflector. i am trying to get some light in to the lower leaves. There is a lot of new growth in there and i want it to pop out as far as possible. I tried using a bigger reflector, (like a cone that the vet uses to keep a dog from licking a wound) but the temps went WAY out of control, 100F plus. It was more like a solar cooker. No good.
    Anyway, here she is today:
    (Oh yeah, and I also figured out how to attach an img as a thumbnail. Much better!)

Attached Files:

9. It has been a productive couple of days here at the Meaner household. (For the plant anyway. I am lazy as hell.) This pic is from early yesterday. Things are going very well. There are tons of new branches poking out. I took some time yesterday to try and tuck leaves in so the branch tips would get maximum light. I also bumped the nutes up to 1200 ppm.

Attached Files:

10. nice recovery why did you bump the nut's ?are you in flower ?

11. There are pre-flowers showing, but I am still in veg. I am trying to find the max ppm that she will handle without burning. The damage set me back a bit and I am on a schedule (I need to harvest mid November) so I am trying to make up for lost time by maxing out as much growth as possible.

12. less is more you may get a few extra grams or crash and burn i would wait till i knew the strain well before i tried to push it to it's max just my 2 seance

looks good good luck

13. caesar, I am trying to take advantage of this strains advertised "forgiving nature", but you are right, it might bite me in the ass.

graphuto, thanks for the link! I had kind of picked up on the link between proper feeding and PH stability. Adding ppm stability in to the mix only makes sense!

14. glad to see things are going well rep for stiking in there.. good luck

15. I noticed a bit of a Mag deficiency. It was textbook, yellowing beginning in the newer leaves while the veins stay green/blue. Ph is stable at 6.5 so it can't be Ph lockout. Treating with epsom salts at 1/4 tsp per gal.

16. this can also be a sine of nut burn

17. LOL, yeah, I kind of thought of that so I topped off the res with a gallon of clean water. Lowered the PPM back down to 1100 just in case. I thought nute burn showed more in the tips though. So far the tips are still green and the leaves are not curling at all.

Also, I will be switching over to 12/12 on friday. :hello:

18. if you were in flower i would agree but in veg the new shoots will show burn quick

19. I REALLY wish I could veg this thing for another month. Every leaf has a new branch shoot growing out from the base of it. This thing is a SHRUB!:eek: Its just too bad I don't have the time to let it reach it's maximum potential.

Attached Files: