Mr. Green Thumbs T5 400W Mh/hps Dwc Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Mr Green Thumb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Hello, I'm Mr. Green Thumb and welcome to my grow journal. I hope you enjoy what you read & see. Feel free to subscribe and tag along for the ride! So sit back, light one up, and enjoy the read!

Well, this grow is already nearly a month and a half old but I wanted to see what everyone thought as its my first indoor grow and my first grow of any kind in about 3 years.

Lights: I used a 4 bulb 4' T5 (20k lumens) until the plants were about three weeks old and then swapped them to a 400W Apollo MH with electronic dimmable ballast (although I don't use the feature). I will be using a 400W Apollo HPS for flowering.

Water: Hard water filtered using a Brita Water sink filter.

Ventilation: 2 6" 250 CFM fans and a 6" carbon filter. One fan for intake, one for exhaust. The carbon filter is hooked up to the exhaust of course.

Tent: 5'x4'x7' Grow Tent

Temperature: This has been a constant battle with me due to having two lower CFM fans, but I managed to move the tent to a cooler location in my house and now I'm maintaining temperatures in the mid to upper 80s. I would like for it to be slightly cooler so I will probably be upgrading fans or at least my exhaust fan soon.

Genetics: Bagseed from Mexican Brick Weed. I've been waiting on my Strawberry Cough, Sharks Breath, and Chocolope seeds to arrive which I'll be starting soon in a indoor soil grow. I also wanted to see what kind of genetics this poorly taken care of weed came from while I was waiting.

Nutrients: Fox Farms full line of nutrients, and Botanicare Call-Mag. I'm following both manufactures hydroponic feeding schedule to about 3/4 strength.

Details: I was battling a Calcium deficiency but after adjusting the PH to about 6.3 and adding Cal-Mag, it seems to have cleared up a lot. I expect that it will go away completely within the next week.

I've kept logs of each day, but I will only provide stats for the days I have pictures for. Please let me know what you think!

2. #2 Mr Green Thumb, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    05/16/2014
    Germination Started

3. 06/08/2014
    Temp: 77.2F
    Humidity: 52%
    PH: 6.1
    PPM: 180
    EC: 0.7

Details: There hasn't been much growth until now. Also, looking back on it I believe this PPM reading was an error.

Sent from my N9510 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. #4 Mr Green Thumb, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    06/15/2014
    Temp: 74.7F
    Humidity: 42%
    PH: 6.3
    PPM: 530
    EC: 0.7

Details: Tied branches down in a 4 way for a little LST. I've also topped both of them a few times and also topped some lower branches.

Attached Files:

5. 06/20/2014
    Temp: 88.2F
    Humidity: 26%
    PH: 5.8
    PPM: 640
    EC: 1.1

Details: Finally got the MH in there.

Attached Files:

6. 06/22/2014
    Temp: 73.2F
    Humidity: 44%
    PH: 6.7 adjusted to 6.2
    PPM: 295 adjusted to 590
    EC: 1.0 adjusted to 1.4

Details: For those of you wondering I flush every 2 weeks using Fox Farms sledgehammer for about an hour, sometimes two.

Attached Files:

7. 06/23/2014
    Temp: 91.0F
    Humidity: 26%
    PH: 6.0
    PPM: 700
    EC: 1.4

Details: Calcium deficiency finally starting to clear up.

Attached Files:

8. 06/26/2014
    Temp: 84.0F
    Humidity: 43%
    PH: 6.1
    PPM: 850
    EC: 1.5

Details: Growth is beginning to become very rapid. There's so much growth at the nodes and tops that I can't even keep up. I have began the bloom transition phase and will be swapping the MH out for the HPS and changing to 12/12 in about a week. I could definitely let the plants get a little bigger but my Strawberry Cough, Sharks Breath, and Chocolope seeds will be here within the next week or so and I want to begin to veg them for a perpetual type effect. I surely am surprised to see how healthy of plants I got out of such terrible weed. Also, they smell deliciously dank! The taller one smells skunky and the smaller one has a natural fruity smell. Interesting! I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I have.

Attached Files:

9. When I make soup to top off I put 1/8tp per gallon of cal mag in just for the hell of it.

10. Yeah ive learned its definitely a good thing to do!

Sent from my N9510 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Looking good Green! Looking real good! They really do explode at a certain point in hydro eh!

12. Attached Files:

13. Looking well.... Keep it up :)

14. Subbed up. I'm running a 400watt setup in a 4x4x8.

Are you running anything to keep your rh in check or are you just blessed?

If I shut off my dehumidifier I swear it rains in the tent

15. #19 lowryderrocks, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    Low RH isn't really an issue for dwc, since they are sitting in a bucket of water, mine gets as low as 30% if it was in soil I be very busy watering :)