Mr. Competitive!

Discussion in 'General' started by smokinokie, Dec 16, 2001.

?

Read the story and tell me what I should do.

1. Yes. Take this to the highest level.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No. Let it slide. Sounds like sore loser stuff.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Go to next PTO meeting with a big can of whupass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. This is a pot site. Who cares.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. for what those fans payed and the time it takes to get tickets they had the right to boo the refs! that was total bull shit wasnt it! i think throwing things is wrong but for what the players get each year and what they make on us fans from tv and sale they had better try harder to for fell their end of the game show!or learn to duck better!lol

2. Damn Big Poppa, you beat me!! I was gonna tell Okie to organize the parents togeather at the next game and throw bottles at every call that went for the other team.

3. I don't say this often on boards and have never said it to you but you are wrong Tazz. I don't care how much money someone pays to see a game and how much money the game makes off TV, it is never right to throw beer bottles at the refs. Its OK to boo the refs for what you think is a bad call, but not to intentionally inflict pain on them. The refs do a job that no one else wants to do and they fuck up from time to time, just like all of us. To say its OK to throw bottles at them for doing their job is completly wrong. I hope no one throws a bottle at me or you for just messing up in our jobs.

And to put it in perspective, major leagus sports are nothing more than children games played by adults, and they get paid for it. I enjoy watching and participating in sports, but I will not let them control my life and loose sleep over them if my team loses.

4. "i think throwing things is wrong"i never said i think it would be right to throw any thing at any one! other than speach! i am soory for the miss under standing!i dont think i would have liked people throwing them at me ether!they get what they gave and the fans showed their anger for being riped off ! was it right no but if the fer's can change the rules when they want its nothing more than mob rules and their were many biding on the game and they take their lose for real! i think one time in the past i saw athe fans turn the backs to a game that would have been far better or just walking out! but that would be to much like what happen to base ball! witch i have not watch seens the walk out!but this is only the begaining if the fan dont show up for the games the out of here! they well go broke! and the fan well just stay home and smoke weed!no rules for the game! no rules for the fans! its a shame but its the way it is!

5. No misunderstanding and no hurt feelings on my part Tazz. This is a discussion board set up for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas. I am always willing to listen and understand others point of views and opinions. But when a post that I feel needs my direction, I will post my honest view. I'm not trying to change the world or shape young peoples mind, but to set an example.

In my opinion, the violence shown by throwing bottles is sensless and reminds me of monkeys in the zoo throwing shit. I feel sorry for people whose only excitement in their lives is through watching sports and watching TV. Life is short and every minute spent in front of TV is a minute wasted. I made the decision a few years ago that life is to precious to waste a single minute rotting your brains out or preparing for some event that won't come or putting off something till later. that is why i started smoking weed again and turned my TV off. (it must have something to do with that "american beauty" movie *LOL* ) I don't want to judge those people who threw the bottles but I feel it was senseless.

6. I'm writing it off as displaced agression, or the bin Laden syndrome. I think everybody still has some deep stress or anger over 9/11. And it WAS a shitty call on the part of the refs! All of a sudden, 40,000 people see some bullshit in front them that they think they can do something about. Albeit throwing a beer bottle does'nt seem like much of a solution.

Reflex reaction out of control, mob rule prevails.

Now, why won't they give me my own daytime talk show!

Before ya start flaming me, I think it was a disgusting display of humanity, and I'm not supporting it at all. Just my take on why it happened.

7. Yeah..."The Smoknokie Tokin' & Chokin' Show".....brought to you by Grass City.....the highest city on the Net and new & improved "SCREW"....for that freshly fucked look!!! LMAO!!!

Smokie I had faith in ya....just keep on 'em. I know where you're comin' from and the kind of people you're dealin' with. It's basically the same everywhere you go, I'm afraid. Just teaching the girls persistence, teamwork, and most of all patience will carry them through the games and hopefully life. I guess I kinda remember a similar thing from, like 7th or 8th grade......I wasn't good enough to be a cheerleader but I remember tryin out for pom-pom squad or some shit. Anyway, the cheerleaders (who coinidentally were basically ALL the same, all the way through high school) were practicin in the gym when we came in for our tryouts-one of thier mothers started throwin a snotty bitch fit about us bein in THIER gym-so guess what. We had our tryouts on the stage! We didn't end up doin a whole lot during games 'til homecoming game we did a kick ass little halftime dance to "Another One Bites the Dust"........smoked the cheerleaders. We practiced our asses off for it, though.
    Don't teach the girls any bad plays-but try to help them be ready to counteract the other teams fucked up shit. Try to take advantage of your shorter players...double team them.

As far as the beer bottle thing-I missed it!! It's not a good thing like everybody says-but DAMMIT!!!! I've been sittin here at HOME and watched those goofy-ass refs make calls that made me wanna throw some shit!!! My ol' man thinks I'm nuts!!! Anyway, they'll pay for it-as will many who did no wrong....................