moxie seeds not recommended

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by thezephyr, Jun 8, 2018.

1. recently popped a pack of moxies golden cobra tangie x grape kush with bizarre and disappointing results.
    The seeds were soaked in sterilized containers of distilled water for 14 hours, and then planted in a proven starter soil.
    4/6 popped small discolored tap roots, and never made it past that point.
    1/6 popped its cotyledons out of the seed instead of a tap root. when it sprouted, it turned out to be a pathetic mutant with no true leaves, just the cotyledon seedling leaves. It stretched for 3 days, and then died without ever growing cannabis leaves.
    1/6 is a mutant that doesn't grow towards the light. It's stem broke the soil first, but instead of sprouting, it started growing away from the light, and dug its leaves deep into the soil. After it hit the light, it started to grow upside down. After digging it up and replanting it, it is the only seedling to survive.

A few years ago I grew out a pack of moxie's alpine og. I got one phenotype that was truly excellent, but I also got 2/6 herms, and another mutant seedling that grew upside down.

Moxie's sales pitch is the guarantee of high extract yields by volume, and the individuals that didn't herm or die as mutant seedlings had very good extract yields. Moxie extracts is a company based in la, but as far as I can tell their seed brand is actually owned by one of the large amsterdam seed banks. The number of herms and mutants is pretty much unacceptable, and their seeds are the least vigorous cannabis plants I have ever grown. After sampling two of their strains, I'd recommend avoiding this company.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. I'm not doing so well either. I tried "Serious Six" from Serious Seeds.
    Same method I've been using for the past 4 years or more. The one I grew so far flowered under lights and the buds were like small popcorns, and trichs never matured. Sugar leaves grew twisted into 360 degree circles. Planned to grow the rest this summer. One sprouted and died before it made leaves. One is about 3" tall @ 2 months. None of them look alike, all different sizes, and one has actually flowered already. All the same age, all outdoors with supplement light, (under the SAME light) currently getting 24 hours of light.
    Sure fucked up my medicine for the year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Have you told moxie seeds buddy or the seedbank.
    Its just when i had a few problems with a seedbank,(sensi-seeds) from attitude seeds.
    i emailed them even though im not in a legal place" u.k" and i was sent out replacements.
    But i cant remember if it were sensi or the attitude that sent replacement as it was a couple of years ago.
    Most seedbanks should be happy of your opinion in my opinion wether good or bad should make no difference theyve got a reputation to up hold.
    Ive never had any from moxie so cant really chip in on the actualy company tho i think theyve been around a while unlike some,i mean how many seedbanks arw there nowaday must be nearly 400 u can buy in u.k nevver mind legal places.:):)

• Like Like x 1
  4. that's a good idea, I'll look into getting in touch with them.

sorry to hear about that man. I've never had great results from most of the amsterdam companies. I was just checking their website and found this:
    Serious Seeds - Who are we? | Serious Seeds
    looks like all their packs have a serial number and they'll replace it if there is a quality problem. I'm not sure how they define a 'quality problem' but if you still have your packaging it might be worth a shot to ask for a replacement. on the other hand, that performance is very poor and you might not want to waste time on more of their genetics.

If you just want to move on to another breeder, I've had really good germination rates and great medicine from bodhi seeds. they don't do any femenized seeds, but every strain I've grown from them has started strong and powered through the season. Very vigorous plants. If you're in the US it costs $70 for a pack of 11 from the US based seed banks. They have a nice variety too, a lot of high yielding commercial type hybrids, but also some heirloom crosses and occasionally a pure landrace.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yes, in my case I left a review. But...... what do I want them to do?
    I don't need my money back. It's too late for another handful of seeds.
    I need 3lbs of bud. Today.

I'm not upset at the seedbank. I'm very satisfied with the service I got, giving credit where it's due. It's disappointing, but that's the way life goes sometimes.
    It's good to share info and let others know whats going on.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I sent private emails to both companys and got positive responses from both.
    If you need 3lbs today find a dealer.lol.u might not pull that weight off or are u a cali grower and get the weather.
    In north west u.k-the lake district biggest yield ive hadof a outdoor plant was 6 ounces of a dutch passion purple#1.
    But global warming is in my favour coz it aint rained for 3 weeks.
    It would take me a few seasons to get 3lbs:)

7. I need 2 pounds to get from summer to summer. 3 pounds allows me the freedom to share with friends without running short myself.
    I might be back on opiates before I see another harvest.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I hope not ron, best of luck to you. I grow to manage a chronic medical condition, so I know where you're at.

Depending on where you are, june may still be early enough to get a full outdoor season. If not maybe you can get a barebones indoor setup to get you past this season. buy used equipment if necessary. One of the most important things I've learned as a medical grower is that part of farming is planning ahead for bad seasons and losses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I got something going on but not near enough. I had 2 seasons in a row that I couldn't grow. Our city got a new sewer and last year the crew came to dig up the yard. Been waiting since March, they showed up the second week of June and spent about a week. Summer before that the company that manages the property next door had a fence replaced down the property line, so I had a crew of illegals in my back yard for about 2 weeks in July.

I screwed up and gave away a handful of seeds. I kept myself 10 to work with. I planted 5, and got 5 male plants. So I popped the other 5 and got one female. She suffered overnight freeze for 2 weeks, resulting in stunt and nute def, but she's bushing out now and growing new green.I am attempting to reveg a male to make more seeds with this one.
    Now I'm almost out and I'm dealing with this serious seeds bullshit.
    It;s time to quit making excuses and get my ass in gear.

10. Jeez Sounds like youve had a bit of a run of bad luck mate.
    Hope it improves 4 ya and u dont go back on the opiates.
    Ive been there myself, its fukin awful not being able to take a shit in the morning unless you take a handful of laxative's.

11. update:
    I contacted moxie and have gotten no reply. once again, I'd recommend avoiding this company.

the only seedling to survive is a pathetic stretchy mutant that doesn't grow towards the light. Its name is 'Kuato'
    152986746624846944.jpg
    download (1).jpg
    see the resemblance?