Moving to The United States

Discussion in 'General' started by Mein Aufschnitt, Aug 3, 2011.

1. There's only 2 ways for America to solve it's debt problems, well 3 or 4 actually.
    1) Raise taxes EVENLY for EVERYONE. Get rid of the tax loopholes.
    2) Teach people to stop spending needlessly. Don't buy the Iphone 5 because your Iphone 4 is "un-cool."
    3) Get out of the needless wars (IE Iraq which has been a stalemate since they killed Saddam,) which are draining your country's money.
    4) Force the people who took the tax loopholes IE GE AKA General Electric to pay up.
    5) Abolish the horrible system of Government.

If they do all that, then their debt would slowly be erased. Especially if they followed step 4 along with the other steps. It wouldn't happen right away, but within 2 months you would start seeing a change. Probably within the first month.

2. Give it a rest man...

3. This.

4. I read the beginning and skipped the rest of this.. Sure our economic status is currently fucked (Thanks, Obama!), but it is not GOING in the shitter... it's already there. It's on it's way out. America will be king of the world again, soon enough. And i'll be here waving our flag and drinking yuengling (my favorite beer- happens to be american)

I got a serious "terrorist" vibe reading a lot of these posts, damn anti-americans always hatin

5. OH NOEZ! I've been busted!!
    AAAALLLLLLAAAAAAAAA
    *kaboom*
    I just be hating on your government. The american people are awesome.
    Everyone in the world is awesome! It's just the few select people that decide to be in control of the world at the expense of everyone else.

6. OP here. I think the U.S. is fine.... I like it here for now. so why move? I doubt America is going to go down the shitter anytime soon, and if it does I'll be in Canada by then.

BTW whoever asked aabout German womwn Vs. American women, I would say that there are hot ones and ugly ones in both places. It just depends on who you meet.

7. I must ask OP, how did you move there?

Also people need to understand the recession is worldwide, one economy collapses, so do the rest. :rolleyes:

8. My opinions on why your common sense politiking won't be taken up anytime soon, unfortunately...

9. I took a plane. All i brought with me was a couple suitcases so it wasn't that big of a deal.

And that's very true. For instance Germany's economy was very hurt by the collapse of Greece, Ireland, and Portugal. That may just be the E.U. but I believe the whole world is dependant on eathother economy wise.

10. I meant, how would you get a visa to live in the country?

11. dawnofwar has completely destroyed this thread with his anti american bullshit. you got a lot to learn, kid. enough of the "fuck the government"! wanna be anarchist bullshit. it's annoying, and it ain't "cool". everyone who hates it here in america - leave. please. this is the problem with our country - people like you. get the fuck out.

12. I apllied for a student Visa through a mix of .govs and The U.S. embassy

13. Cool, that means you have to pay international student fees right? That sucks. You going back to Germany or going to try and stay?

You must be working illegaly since you can't get a job on a student visa... :p

14. #54 rugbyladosc, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    I was abit harsh sorry mate. Its all love

15. actually -- with an f-1 student visa, you are able to legally work on campus. under special circumstances you are allowed to work off campus though.

16. Exactly, which doesn't fall under what OP described as he said he hasn't even signed up to community college classes yet and has a decent paying job.

17. haha forgot about that -- we recently had to let go of 2 people at my job due to the immigration law that passed recently here since they didn't have a legal status and no visa or working permit. sucks but better for us to let go of people than get fined up the ass.

18. Do you have any friends back home named Marcus or Yanik?

Probably a dumb question but I made friends with two German exchange kids my senior year. they were hella tight!

19. In my honest opinion, visas and work permits are a complete waste of time. The systems are intended as a way of ensuring fairness and equality for the citizens of countries, yet they often fail miserably.

People game the system, if someone wants to get into a country and work there, they will find a way, regardless of the barriers to entry. In the EU, our borders (apart from the UK rejecting the Shengen agreement) are open; if you are a citizen of one, you are effectively able to live and work, no matter what. It allows for more options when it comes to life...

If people are able to contribute, and want to, why not let them?

High levels of Customs and border control, whilst being oppressive monetary black-holes, add to a climate of fear, and in this era of governmental poverty, something that is highly distasteful. All that happens when illegal immigrants are found is they are put in detention centres, at yet more cost to the taxpayer, while they expend more money putting through appeals in the courts, even more money again; by which time, years have passed, and when deportation does come, they are merely free again to try and get back in...

I understand the dangers that can come from mass migration following the relaxation of border controls we saw in the EU a few years back; however, with the money that would be saved, and the tax money earnt from people's earning.

It just seems to make more sense to me...:confused_2:

20. yeah I'll be going to Canada I think. And the job is legal. It's just a part time so apperantly I'm alowed to work that.