Moving to London.

Discussion in 'General' started by waysouth, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Hello, i am moving to london in the next couple of weeks, and i just wanted to know how is the city, what places to go, where to meet people and such. :D:D

2. which London?

3. London, UK or London, Ontario? Then we can answer your question...

4. London, UK.

5. Well.. It's a damn big city I'll tell you that. Such a busy city with hoards of tourists lining the streets at just about all the major attractions. Very dirty city, lots of grime and I noticed quite a lot of homeless folks last time I was down. Don't expect people to be that friendly at all, also be wary of certain areas - which is a given for most major cities.

On the flipside though, there are some totally gorgeous areas, Kew Gardens springs to mind - some plant species being nurtured there that are globally extinct! - Chelsea/Fulham area was very plush but I was only there to check out Abbey Road studios - which was mint. :cool: Camden Town is a very cool area of London, market held there which I would highly recommend checking out, never know what you might find.. Museums, art galleries etc. are in abundance so if thats your thing you'll love it. Oh also, check out the Natural History museum, recommended to be done baked. :smoke:

The nightlife in London is a fuckin A! Clubs such as Fabric, Ministry of Sound, Rhythm Factory there's frickin loads man and plenty to suit all. Great for going out and getting smashed, good for meeting people but like said before, don't expect everyone to be totally outgoing and social.. Unless your at a dnb night. :p Plenty venues for live music and gigs too.

Drugs are in abundance, if you want it, you'll be able to find it. Lots of scummy dealers though from what I've heard but there is most definitely some top notch chronic going about, which I can vouch for from personal experience.

It's a total multicultural melting pot, so diverse, which is probably my favourite thing about it. You'll find people from the World over. Enjoy living in the Capital buddy, only been a few times and the last time was 09 I think so I'm not too clued up, but I tried to offer what could.

Hope that helped, where you moving from?

6. Souns cool, im looking forward to be there. I live in Caracas, Venezuela. so i am used to dirty city and hobos.

7. Dang, gona be a bit of a culture shock for ya bud. But all the best!

8. Yay more immigrants

9. If you thought OWS was bad... wait till you see Occupy London. Wooooh...

10. ???? whatever.

11. lucky....there's some sexy women in england

12. One thing that will be totally different for you will be the weather!!haha(obviously)

The weather in Venezuela is beautiful, but the weather in England is usually cold and damp with a lot of clouds and rain. It can get a nice summer but nothing close to the heat your used too!haha

Petrol will cost u a hell of a lot more than u are paying now!

And you will not be able to drive the same as you are used to in Venezuela!!

When I was there every1 would break red lights, shit I was in a car that broke a red light while the police were stopped at the lights!!haha

The weed will be much better than u are used to in Venezuela!
    Well better than any cripi I got while in Venezuela!
    You will just need to find a good dealer!!
    Which could be hard depending on who u know over there.

Everything will be a lot more expensive in London than it would be in Venezuela so be prepared.

13. Shit, you just impressed me by talking about cripi hahahah. Yeah i am aware the weed is better, i lived in the US before and i know what you mean. Yeah i heard about the oil being expensive, and everything else being expensive too. When and where did you live in Venezuela man?

14. I was born in London. London's a huge city loads of different cultures and i mean LOADS, there are people from everywhere in some area's there's more polish, Spanish, Muslims ect.. than British people that's what i LOVE about London, it's almost like another country, shops selling crazy types of food that you've never even heard of.

Some area's you wanna avoid though, mainly the outskirts of London, there are some amazing area's though.

15. [quote name='"waysouth"']
    Shit, you just impressed me by talking about cripi hahahah. Yeah i am aware the weed is better, i lived in the US before and i know what you mean. Yeah i heard about the oil being expensive, and everything else being expensive too. When and where did you live in Venezuela man?[/quote]

Ha I was there b4 Christmas for three weeks and I was there a few years ago too.
    I know some1 who lives there.
    I was staying in Puerto la Cruz.
    I spent a night in Caracas airport which was fuckin terrifying for a white Irishman there on his own (in the airport) who didn't speak a fuckin word of Spanish!hahahaha
    All I gotta say is Venezuela is LOCO Hombre!haha

16. Puerto la cruz, nice. I am from Caracas and i understand your fear about being alone in maiquetia airport. But other than insecurity, venezuela is fucking fun (as you probably know)

17. [quote name='"waysouth"']
    Puerto la cruz, nice. I am from Caracas and i understand your fear about being alone in maiquetia airport. But other than insecurity, venezuela is fucking fun (as you probably know)[/quote]

Yeah man Venezuela is a beautiful place and you can basically do wot ever u want once u know the right people!ha

But moving to London will be a big shock for you!!
    Do u have anybody u know in London or you just goin alone??

18. #19 Dubway, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    when you arrive in london, one of the places your gonna wanna go and visit most of hackney, its beautiful area, specifically upper/lower clapton area, real nice, everyone is super super friendly

19. i am going with my dad who works there to try to get into a college.