Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moving to Colorado. Please Help.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WaterGrow89, May 2, 2012.

1. Hello everyone,
    My name is Baron. I am 23 years old and living in Kansas City. I am moving to Boulder Colorado in 26 days. I am not going to school or moving because a job or friend. In fact I am moving just to get a real good change in my life; and I've herd only good about Boulder. I drove threw Colorado a few times on my way to and from Las Vegas where I lived for 2 years. I have came to the end thought that I love the Colorado mountains and wish to live in them. Of course I want to grow and smoke legally when I get to Boulder. I have been on oxycodone for 6 years and am on 120mg a day now for back pain due to scoliosis and disk issues. I don't want to be on the devil's drug any more and want to burn grade A herb to help with the pain instead. But the problem is here in Missouri they are giving out jail terms for bud like hotcakes. I plan on moving with a friend and staying in a hotel until we can find the right house to rent. After we rent a house we will get mail sent asap so I can get a Colorado ID (I see taking about 10 days). Then I want to get a Dr. appointment with the right doctor to get a referral. I have herd that it takes 30 to 120 days to get your MMJ card in the mail after you got a referral and sent it in. But I herd that you can use you application as a temp MMJ card to buy from a dispensary. I have enough funds to make it 2 to 3 months without seeking employment in Boulder but I will get an average job somewhere within those months. So my questions are: How plausible is my plan? How much will all the dr visit and paper work cost to be fully legal? What does it take to be able to grow 9 to 12 plants besides a MMJ card? Have I 'missed my boat'? What is Boulder really like (females, bud prices, rec)?
    -Thanks. Baron D.

2. Colorado is awesome man! Have fun. Best bet is to get a job asap. First week your there you should be working. Cost to get legal is pry under 300 or so 100-150 for doctor visit then 100-150 for state costs. I dont know for sure but that should give an idea on cost of card. As for setting up a grow room. Depends what you start with. 1000w light and ballast is 300 or so. plus you need a hood. Nutrients can be expensive.

3. I would suggust finding a place to rent before moving there dude. And let me know about the women prices and everything else

4. Patient limits are 6 plants. 3 veg 3 flower. (but 6 plants is the main point) not that it's impossible to grow more than your six... just that if the cops ever come you're gonna have to cut the excess down and they may prosecute if have unreasonable plant counts. You're also limited to having 2Oz on you and purchasing up to 2Oz/day. Consumption laws are NOTHING like people think of or like they are in Cali. You're entitled to you're cannabis but it's essentially all gotta be in the total privacy of your own home. None of that smoking joints walking downtown bullshit!

Anyway, "getting legal" will be straightforward if you indeed have the proper conditions/records etc. It'll probably take you about two months or so to get through the whole process if you're lucky (my friend had to wait almost 6 months to get her card) and it'll probably take a couple of hundred bucks.

As to the "temp paperwork" it means that your paperwork and returned delivery confirmation from the MMR can be used to enter dispensaries for 35 days after the date sent. However you have to go in and wait while they confirm your status (that you haven't been denied/corrected/returned/reviewed etc yet).

Also don't expect MMJ to be your cure-all-end-all miracle savior. It certainly helps immensely though. And expect to pay a bit more in Boulder, nothing TOO ridiculous for the most part but a bit of a prime over say Denver. As for Boulder itself, I think my friend hit it on the head years ago when he called it "the cali of Colorado... In a... not... bad way".

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

5. The prices have changed. State fee came down. You could probably get your RC under $60 if you look around.

Medical records and even old prescriptions are helpful.

Don't take advantage of the system. 6 plants means SIX. Ask your doc to recommend more than 6 if you are really really sick.

6. Some answers, in order to grow more than 6 plants, you need the doc making/signing the rec to give you "permission" for more plants, and the state has to agree (ive never heard of the state denying a card for the number of plants though)

If you want to grow, you NEED to wait for the red card to come... starting a grow, to find out your card was denied, would be a very illegal situation.

Women in boulder, like a fine wine.... they flock in large numbers, its a college town, do the math lol

Bud prices... i can get a dank oz for 150-180, then the best of the best for 200-220 (i specifically know a dispensary with some of the best bud ive ever seen that is never over 220 an oz)

As someone said... if you think you are going to come here and find affordable, accommodated living in 10 days, you may be disappointed... boulder isnt very big... however, you are moving here RIGHT as all the college students will be going on summer break, and leaving town for 3 months so there will be places open (i work in a Brokerage Office and we have the most openings from around now, till august, but we are small so "most openings" means like 2 units. Most of our tenants have been tenants with us for many many years so they dont open up)

7. Thanks for the good info. I have been looking online and getting some ideas of houses for rent in and slightly around Boulder; I plan on making arrangements to be shown houses when my friend and I arrive in Boulder, and then choosing from those where to live..When I moved to Vegas I did this the same way and it worked out ok..I realize Vegas is 10 fold to Boulder but I hope for the best. I plan on going with a grow tent with a soil set up for my first op; I hope I don't end up being evicted.;) I've dabbled in cultivation before in my college agricultural program but I am giving myself time for trial and error. I have no ideas of trying to get one over on the State or doing anything illegal. 6 plants would be fine but I do hope to be able to grow more. What is the max number of plants one patient can grow? And what is the max amount that can be purchased from any one dispensary in Boulder? I have already started filling out online apps for employment..I don't plan on showing up and making money of the bud market. I just have a love for this plant and hope to soon have a deep love with the Colorado mountains.

8. The max amount you can purchase is 2 oz's unless you get a higher limit set by the signing doctor, keeping in mind in november, weed MIGHT be legal here either way lol

the max number of plants, is generally 6... im not sure how many a doctor would sign off on but i doubt its too many more... you could have your friend sign you on as a caregiver, and grow 12 plants though

A little tip, make SURE when you move here you move into a place that send you the electricity bill directly... your landlord will know the general power usage and if you move in and then there is a massive increase, they will be curious.