Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moving to Colorado - Help

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ThreeTree33, Feb 8, 2014.

1. #1 ThreeTree33, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    What's going on blades?

I'm a 20 year old male from Oklahoma and for the past 6 months or so I've been seriously contemplating the option of moving to Colorado, more specifically the Denver/ Aurora area. I was born and raised in small town USA and still live with the rents. I've been researching quite extensively and get more serious about the move every day. I just have a few questions:

1. Jobs

Currently I deliver pies for a major pizza chain, I've been doing this for a few years now. I actually have the option of training for a management position, would it help to that for a bit? I would hope to work in the cannabis industry because of how much love I have for the plant. My friends know they can come to me with questions regarding cannabis. I've heard of the Marijuana Enforcement Division and qualifying for a badge, which I assume wouldn't be much trouble when I turn 21 in November. So if you currently are a budtender or work in a dispensary, your insight would be extremely helpful.

2. Social Life

Living in a town of 30,000 (the majority being incompetent rednecks, life sucks for someone who likes to think for themselves. Plus the 420 friendly females are quite scarce. How much of a change would I experience?

3. Cost of Living

I would plan on getting a studio or 1 bedroom apartment for the $800-$1000 range, would that be adequate? Currently I have no renting history, but I do have relatively great credit for my age and no criminal history. I would plan on having at least a couple thousand saved up before the move as well as a couple month's worth of living expenses.

I appreciate y'all's help.

2. To get your mmed support badge it'll take you a couple trips. I've heard of people having to go back at least +6 times to even get considered to go through the next steps plus the $75 mom refundable fee. Colorado has a heavy military presence.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Wouldn't that be mostly the Colorado Springs area? But yeah, the badge process seems quite lengthily.

4. Bump? Surely someone out there is in a similar situation..