Moving to CO tomorrow

Discussion in 'General' started by Pizzaroll, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Shit has been really busy the last few days but I figured I would finish up this thread.

So to recap the trip.

Day 1: December 29th we tried leaving but got snowed in so we had to wait.

Day 2: December 30th we left at 7:00 AM. Our goal at this time was to try to reach our apartment before 4:00 PM the 31st because they are closed on new years. We drove through Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and into Nebraska. Around 2 AM when we were about 20 mins from Nebraska we realized my GF lost her wallet which had a bunch of stuff we needed in it so we had to call a bunch of Casey's general stores which are only in Iowa and there are tons of them right around Des Moines where we had last got gas. I don't think I've ever seen my girlfriend so upset in my life. She had a fucking breakdown. We needed some of the stuff in her wallet to get the apt so we gave up on making it by 4 pm. We ended up getting a hotel in Omaha, Nebraska around 4 in the morning.

Day 3: December 31st I woke up around 8 cause my girlfriend actually got a call from the police station about 2 hours away in Iowa about someone turning in her wallet so we had to go back to get it. It had everything in it except like 50 bucks cash which was not a big worry. It was a huge relief to get that back. It was so mentally exhausting dealing with the whole situation. We ended up only making 3 hours past Omaha before stopping for a hotel because we both hadn't gotten much sleep and we couldn't get our apt till the 2nd anyways.

Day 4: January 1st we left around 11 AM and made it all the way to Colorado Springs with no issues around 6 PM and got a hotel.

Day 5: January 2nd(Today) we left our hotel around 10 AM this morning and signed our lease and have everything unpacked. Just got a little bit of organizing to do!

Overall it was a good trip besides the wallet issue. It's beautiful out here in the springs and I think I'm really going to enjoy it.

Thanks again for all the support on the trip guys and if anybody lives around the springs hit me up through PM!