Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moving to AZ from CA

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mushhead91, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I currently have a medical card in CA for panic attacks and stress relief, but I may be moving to Arizona soon for cheaper cost of living and school. However, it appears according to the list of qualifying conditions (which Anxiety/Panic Attacks is not one) that I won't qualify for a new medical card in AZ, even with documentation (I was on Paxil for about a year and a half and still use Klonopin as-needed).

I understand under AZs' medical marijuana laws, that a *visiting* out of state patient is protected in the case of possession, but aren't allowed to buy from dispensaries.

My question is, by moving to Arizona will I automatically forfeit my medical card because I am not a resident of California anymore? Would it be possible for me to use my current CA medical card in AZ until it expires next year?

2. good question, subbed

3. #3 vapeonomics101, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
    Under prop 203, california card holders will be legal to possess and use mmj in arizona and be afforded the same protections from discrimination.

There are dispenaries out in az, that list they accept california card holders(nevada as well).

4. But I understand this is only for *visiting* patients. If I move to Arizona, will my California medical card automatically become nullified because I am no longer a resident of California?