Moving threads

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Tbika, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Whats up with all these threads being moved from recreational marijuana use into general. I know a lot of people post in the wrong section, but things like pics of peoples latest pick-ups, things which have always been in the recreational section, are being moved to the general section. Is there a new rule or something that i dont know about?

2. I moved them all. They don't belong in Rec. Usage. If you'll notice the description of what is to be posted in the Recreational Usage forum... It says the following:

Forum on the various methods of marijuana use. Share your methods to enjoy the herb. Bongs, Pipes, Joints, how do you smoke it?

And there's a sticky about it here:

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreati...nal-marijuana-use-what-do-you-post-forum.html

Soon we're just going to start deleting them. Eventually people will get the point that they don't belong in that forum. We're getting tired of moving them, and having to keep telling people they belong elsewhere. Read the descriptions under the forums, and if there's confusion - put it in General. Those that fail to do this will simply have their posts deleted... It's not difficult, nor is it a lot to ask, for people to post in the proper forums.

3. Its just weird because the threads that people post bud pics in were never moved in the past. I didnt realize the forum description was EXACT, just a general outline, but i guess i was wrong.

4. Actually, pics of people's pick-up's should be posted in the Gallery, not in the forums. When people make threads about their pick-up's, they usually turn into "my weed is better than your shit" threads. SJ made the Gallery so that users would post pics there instead of bogging down the forum area. Also, for those that just want to see the pics without the continuous commentary may do so in the Gallery.

Show your pieces, talk about your blunts, compare ROORs to others, show us all how to roll a j...whatever, as long as it has to do with what the forum is about.

5. ^^^^^

She's better with words than I am :D

6. I just had to close one of those threads for pretty much the same reason as above except that pricing was involved.

7. I really enjoy being able to post and see pickups on the forum, the gallery takes so long to load for me... I don't think they were really bothersome in the rec forum, but maybe a separate forum could be made for posting what you're smoking on?

Just an idea. Either way, keep up the good work. :D

8. I always looked at the Recreational Forum as a place to post pics of bongs,blunts,pickups and shit like that, and the general section being the place where you can find you tube video's and stuuf like that you get my drift.

My personal opinion i dont like all those bud pics in the general section:D but hey what do I know I've been here for a year and have no rep points:ey:

9. We're rolling all of this around and will figure out the best place for the threads soon. The Rec Use forum has been abused so much that we're doing what we can to get it back to what is was originally for so bear with us, please.