moving plants that r in ground?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ruffstylez, Aug 30, 2012.

1. I have 14 plants outside in the ground in the mountains. 2 days ago when I went there one of them was missing a chunk of the plant. I brushed it off as an animal and took a picture. When people started seeing it they said there's no way that's an animal it was cut perfectly and they wouldn't chew down to the dirt. So the last 2 days I been worying. I have not been out there sens ebut I'm goin tomorrow.. Can these be moved? They are like 7 ft tall. Or do I just leave them and hope for the best? The whole thing makes no sense why'd they'd take 2 branches of ntohing and leave the rest if it was a human. Not sure what options I got.

2. Post pics of the cut. I seen clean cuts by animals before. Not on large stems but smaller green stems.

Would love to see the pic you said you been showing?

3. I dont think its a picture hes been showing people.. If you have been bringing people directly to the plants thats your lose. Someone else will feel the need to have it more then you even if he is your friend :cool: . If anybody knows your probably right.

4. Not sure where you got that idea from, but nobody has been to my plants. The pictures are bad, but I'll try to figure out how to upload them. Also, where its burried into the ground apperntly its not as straight as I thought it would be.

[​IMG]

5. That cut in the center looks like it's on a 45 degree angle...

You are not the only poster who has complained of this recently (seriously)...

Could there be aliens from space out there cutting clones for themselves?

6. Like I said nothing makes sense. This one is the hardest to get to and the last one I ever water. I've missed it a few times because I couldn't get to it/find it. If this was found, they walked past at least 10 others and didn't touch it. Thats why I brushed it off as an animal attack. I did not go back today (over slept, got called into work) so I will be going there tomorrow. I really don't want to have to move them, but I'll decide tomorrow based on how everything looks. I have sun, mon, tues off so if needed I could camp out, dig em up and transfer them to a backup spot to finish. I just don't know if that is to risky at this stage. How far down would I need to dig to not fuck up the roots? If I did dig should I rent/buy some special tool to dig easier instead of using shovel?

7. try to buy a deer cam? should be under 100 and then you will know for sure?

either way harvest season is coming up soon.. could you camp there for a few days?

8. So this isn't an animal that took half my plant? I'm not sure why they just wouldn't of taken the whole plant. They took a large chunk of it, but got nothing. I don't think you can clone from off it this late, and there was almost no bud on it and nothing worth taking. I just can't find any logically reason to take that much but leave the rest, unless of course they came back or it wasn't a human? :confused:

9. Harvest for me is still quite a ways out. The earliest my plants are still 5 weeks, and I have 2 that as of 3 days ago still are not even budding. I could camp sun-tues, but I work a full time job so I couldn't be out there much. If they are messed with tomorrow, is moving them an option at all?

10. So anyone? Can these be moved and recover in time? How far do I gotta dig to make sure I keep the roots good? They r huge and would likely need to be moved in a uhaul. Idk how I'll carry em myself either.

11. #12 5150, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    Looks like animal to me. Were any branches laying on the ground? Foot prints?

It's not a knife for not clean enough. If it was a person with no knife they would be twisted up and damaged more. IMO it was chewed on.

I would need better pics though.

12. At 7 feet, their root system is pretty deep and spread out. Moving them would put them in shock like crazy. Get a deer cam and see who's/what's messing with ur babies

13. I can take pics tomorrow. I've been worried to go back there. Nothing was on the ground. No tracks of any kind. But I find it highly odd that a human could find that. If they did they found the rest. They would have taken one of the other 13 and never made it that far. So there's a chance an animal could eat half a plant all the way down to the dirt? I really do hope that's all it is..