Moving plants around to keep in sunlight?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by eastbaykushclub, Apr 8, 2013.

1. I'm starting my grow this year once again in good ol cali. i jus have a quick question on moving them to keep in sunlight.....In my backyard the sun moves alot, so in order to get some good sunlight for them i have to move them three times a day or else they only get a couple hours. Would this be an ok thing to do everyday? and would it be alright if i missed day here and there? Im jus asking anything that comes to my mind that i think i should just figure out better to know then not to so if you can help i would appreciate it. P.S i also only have 3 plants so its very easy moving them.

2. Whatever you have to do so they get the max sunlight everyday.. skipping a few days of moving them won't hurt them any .. just slow them down a bit

3. I can't quite picture your situation.. Whatever side faces south will get the most light, so don't you have one side of your place getting significant sun every day?? Like Brass said, they will just grow less with less sun. what size pots?

4. Yeah my backyard has alot of obsticles in the way of the sun. the only way i would get 6 plus hours of sun is by moving them around. and i just started seedling so there in little pots, i know im a little late for cali but its all good.

5. I have the same situation. I always move my plants around early in the season to give them the most possible light and a good start on vegging. There is nothing wrong with that at all. But I usually only do it while they're young, and once they fill up their pot with roots they go in the ground. At some point you have to weigh root space against hours of sun. You can get all the sun in the world, but you need root space to back it up. What size pots are you using? With 15 gallon smarties w/handles you can get decent yields and still be able to move them around. But it will get harder and harder as they grow. You have to make sure the plant doesn't sway too much when you move it or it will start snapping roots and eventually not want to stand up straight.