Moving, plants are coming with!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RidePow, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Hey guys.

Firstly; a big hey what's up. First post on any kind of weed forum, pretty stoked.

Here's my dilemma. I'm moving next week and I'd like to bring my three plants along with me. They're about 2.5-3 feet tall and are seemingly very healthy. They are planted on a bank (like angled hill, not a bank) in my backyard garden and I'm moving nearly a half hour away to a new house. The soil there is pretty dry/sandy. I live in Ontario just north of Toronto. (For climate reference.)

Where should I start?! I've read a bunch of posts on moving plants and what not but it's hard to find anything about moving from garden to garden rather than pot to pot or pot to ground. Hopefully I can figure this out. I'd like to do it in the next few days. Plants aren't budding yet p/s.

2. Up! Please, any insight appreciated guys.

3. If they were my plants I would probably transfer them into 5 gallon buckets a couple days before I move, and then keep them potted for the remainder of their life. Other wise your going to be adding more steps to cause stress if you want to put them into the ground in their new locations, but it can be done.

When your movin your plants pay attention to road rules, you get pulled over their aint no hiding the smell of live Cannabis. Good luck, any questions feel free to ask.

4. Thanks! I think I'm going to keep them potted. Cheers!

5. Removing any plant from the ground is a tremendous amount of stress... good advice to keep em potted. Yes your biggest problem here is not having police pull you over, or anyone seeing you bringing it on the truck...although you do live in Canada as opposed to the states, so it could be worse.

Welcome to Grasscity!

6. You should carry them in big buckets so that they donot get destroy as taking plants out of roots are very difficult.

7. There's a good chance you'll kill them by doing this. I transplanted one from one spot to another spot in my garden, and it completely wilted within a half hour. I was careful, too. I saved the plant with several days of TLC, but that put me off digging up a healthy plant ever again.

8. Haha ya I'm not worried about anyone seeing or getting pulled over :p <3 Canada.

Thank's for everyones help. Lost one but two survived :) better than not keeping any!:hello:

9. this is a bit of a noob question but from a scientific point of view what actually causes the plant to die of stress and is that also the reason bugs are dangerous to plants? -circuit