moving plant outdoors for a day

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johnjohn, Sep 4, 2009.

1. thinking about putting my indoor plant outside today as the day is beautiful at 75F, good humidity, nice wind.... i will bring it back indoors at the end of the day and make sure no bugs are on it when i do so... plant is about 1.25 feet tall and 6 weeks into veg. should i be concerned about anything??

here is a little history:

so, in the last 2 days i had to cover up my grow box a bit which caused little airflow in there, probably less co2 then optimal and not good ventilation. Apart from that a couple days ago i put 2 extra lights in there and brought them close to the plant, which with the cover-up, probably added some heat stress to the plant.

today the plant looks very wilted, not all of it but some parts of it look like they are dying. i lifted the lights and now the ventilation is better. Also, i'm 6 weeks into veg and so far i have used no nutrients. First 5 weeks with no nutes the plant looked awesome in Ocean Forest soil but i doubt the wilting was caused by nute deficiency. The plant has a nice green color, no yellow stuff, just some parts are very wilted.

Anyways, i want to start flowering today as welll and i have tiger bloom nutes that i want to add to the gallon of water i will use today and start doing 12/12 with 2700K lights.

So, will taking it outside for the day help it out at all?

2. ok, to summarize:

been veging for 6 weeks, can i move the plant outside for one day, should i worried about anything?

want to start flowering today, have never added any nutes, can i add a normal dosage of tiger bloom today while watering or should i wait for next watering (flowers don't really show a sign of nute deficiency even thought 6 weeks no nutes but i had ocean forest soil)?

thanks in advance!

3. basically im looking for one of these answers:

-put it outside, it might help, just clean off bugs when u bring it back indoors

-dont put it outside cuz sun might stress it out or something since its a different light from indoors

-use tiger bloom right away if u are flowering

-dont use tiger bloom, use it next watering, use less then recommend it amount at first

-or some other answer...

i know these 2 questions might be retarded but anybody?

4. ok I wouldnt put it outside for just one day, you answered it by the lighting being different and it is possible to stress the plant. If you are planning on starting flowering then I would start giving it flowering nutes just at 1\4 or 1\2 dose and start upping it every week til your at full strength. Hope this helps you!

5. High there, I hope she perks up for you dude, Im sure she will. I wouldn't put her outside, to much changing light spectrums could stress her and she needs less stress not more but Im not a pro yet.

Also if you are flipping her into 12/12 then a light dose of tiger bloom should be fine, just ease her into it. Some people like to flush before they put their girls into flowering but you don't have to.

Good luck

6. thank you guys for the answers!

as far as taking her outside, in terms of light being different spectrum, didn't think about that but im going to change the spectrum from 6500K to 2700K anyways for flowering so maybe it will not matter ....just wanted to give it some strong sun.

7. Changing the spectrum will not matter but you need to make sure she gets the same amount of light she normally would. You could always put it out and then bring it back under the lights once the sun went away.

8. That plant isn't hardened off, direct sunlight could be much too intense for it. I think it would be OK to put it outside but in a semi-shaded spot, such as under a tree that lets some sun through the leaves.