Moving into a new place

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Hello there!, Aug 21, 2013.

1. So I've been with my parents for a couple months now, and they finally got serious about kicking me out. :laughing: I've been scouring Craigslist and making ads, and finally found one who responded!

I went to check it out today. It's amazing, it's off the beaten path and is located within the forest, but in an open area. The owner (who I'll be sharing the place with) is this chill dude in his 50's who smokes and is incredibly nice. He makes furniture and seems pretty artistic. The house is a little small, but feels very open and you don't even notice it when you're in there. It's pretty close to my work, about the same distance that I walk now, so that's convenient.

The yard is awesome, there's a pond at the edge of the lawn. It's got tons of little trout that he feeds. He has a bird feeder too which attracts a lot of hummingbirds and he has his own little garden (no marijuana plants :p). There are walking paths behind the house as well, miles of them, which is awesome!

I'm really excited to move in on Monday. It's only $450/m too, everything included. Whoop whoop!

I will post pictures (with his allowance) once I've moved in. It's so beautiful.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Sounds like a great place for your first abode after moving out of the rents house.

Seems like it would have a nice view aswell

3. The sounds awesome and damn nice price as well.

Im more than a little jealous, sounds like my kinda place. Hope you love it there once you're all settled in! :)

• Like Like x 1
    I've been gone for 3 years, came back temporarily before I join the Navy. Didn't realize I wouldn't leave until January. >_>

This place is so much better than my last couple of places, and the guy's livable level (lol) is equal to the best roommate I've had.

@[member="Gizelle"] Thanks! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yaaaaay that's awesome. Seems like you found an awesome place/room mate.  

I wanna see pics!

Good look on the Navy, Joining up with them in a few months, myself ^.^

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looking forward for those pics!
    I love nature and live near some woods, just love going there. I've created my own paths on the ground from the many times i've crossed it.
    That place seems like paradise to me! Good luck man ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Good shit, any ideas on what you want to do yet?

9. I'm moving in to my new place Saturday. Been with my parents since January. I can't fucking wait!

Havent taken ASVAB or even a practice one yet. But i'd be content with anything that solidifies a good civilian career path after my departure.  Something with computers would be ideal, but i'm not opposed to any jobs that may be more combat oriented if the option presents itself. how bout you man

• Like Like x 1
    Good luck, those jobs are pretty stacked with people who want the same thing. Study for the ASVAB to make sure you get the best chance possible to get what you want.

I'm signed up as a nuke, and nervous as fuck. Everyone says boot camp is a joke (hopefully not a big joke to fuck with people who haven't gone yet :laughing:), but I'll be going through a year of schooling that has a relatively high dropout rate. I plan on keeping my nose to the grind, but.. well, no sense in worrying about it now haha.

12. G damnit, $450 a month sounds like a steal.  But nothing will ever compare to Bob Tenant's monthly of $130 for the upstairs in a house.  The whole upstairs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sounds like a steal and a great place to smoke with all that scenery...

• Like Like x 1
  14. So if you don't post after Monday, it's safe to assume you were fed to the trout? :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sounds great man, congrats on that little honeyhole. 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Make sure he doesn't watch you sleep though. You should get a lock for your door.

Other than that, congrats! You are living the dream. I am about to turn 22 and haven't stayed away from my house without my parents for more than 48 hours in my life other than church camp for a week. [​IMG]

Best of luck though and I look forward to the pics. The only thing that could be better is if you find out he grows too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That sounds really nice, I live in a fucking concrete jungle, not a tree or patch of grass to be seen

• Like Like x 1