Moving indoor plants outside for 12 hours

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Chrizle10111, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Greetings everyone,

I've been flowering my lady for 5 weeks now, our screwed up government in south africa are forcing power cuts 3-4 times a day at 2 hour invervals... so my indoor lighting isnt viable anymore. What is the possibility of me placing my plant outside for its 12 hours and bringing her back inside for the dark period?

Many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. What a nightmare....!
    I cant see a problem mate, as long as your have long enough day light hours and decent temps outside, this time of year?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for the Reply PAOLO1981, Days are really sunny with more than 14 hours of solid sunlight a day. Temps between 21°c to 26° 90% of the time. Would just take her out in the morning and put her away for the dark period as per her previous light schedule. Its a nightmare!!! for my next grow ill have a UPS set up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Summer in the Southern Hemisphere. It'll work just fine. Lug them out around 8am. Drag them back into the dark at 8pm.
    I've finished off out of cycle plants like that here in Southern California.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for the reassuring advice BrassNwood :), should i not stick to her previous schedule? Lights came on at 7am and off at 7pm?

• Like Like x 1
  6. All good then bro! Sounds like an ideal environment mate!
    Stick to your schedule, all will be well!
    Good luck pal.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sure. Mine was just an example. Changing her start time an hour or 2 won't affect her at all.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks Guys, much appreciated!!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. I imagine this may be late advice, so my apologies. If your plants have been under artificial lighting for that long, you may want to harden them off to the direct sunlight, if possible. Taking them from grow room to direct sunlight can burn, stunt, shock the plant. This late in flower could have a significant impact on final quality/quantity. If not too late, only put out for a couple hours in the shade each day gradually increasing. I usually give a solid week or better. Other growers I know will harden for 2 weeks before they set them in direct sun.

10. Are generators permitted?
    From time to time my power goes out due to weather conditions.
    I have a generator that, then, powers the house.
    A modest generator will run your gear.
    Just a thought.

11. It is working fine for me. For the dark time, if after 12 hours it is still light then find a closet or use your bathroom with something covering the window so it gets dark. And remember when you gotta go that those plants need the dark.