The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure :

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moving... how to get a card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bcustom28k, Jan 26, 2009.

  1. #1 bcustom28k, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
    I will be going to college probably in california next year. I will try and get a card for my anxiety, If all fails I will use my chronic back pain(which is untrue but had a serious fracture of L3 and L4 when i was a teenager.

    Im wondering A) What other states besides california , have actual clubs u can legally purchase medicinal marrijuana with a card.

    B) How should one go about getting their doctor to perscribe...

    thankyou all answers appreciated.
  2. I believe you would need to be a resident of California to get a card.

    As far as laws, you can always confirm at There is, however, one page somewhere explaining all the different medical marijuana states' laws, I just can't find it right now.

    As far as how to approach with a doctor, more experienced patients should be able to answer that.
  3. TBH I just got my mmj card today. It wasn't all that difficult.
    Like chillax said, you need to show proof that you're a California resident to be eligible first of all.
    With proof from a clinic or doctor, you can be recommended for a mmj card.

    I made an appointment and walked in.
    Showed the doctor some paperwork.
    Answered some questions.
    Filled out more paperwork.
    Out of the office with a card in less than 20 mins.
    It did cost me $175 though :|
  4. That sucks for me having to be a resident. I have no idea, but im guessing u have to be either renting or owning a property in ca? can anyone tell me how to really become a resident.
  5. I believe you must obtain a CA driver's license and live there for a set amount of time.

    Correct me if I am wrong?
  6. Oh come on, you don't know how to become a resident of a state?

    Sorry, not buying it.

    NO ONE is that naive.
  7. Some people are QUITE sheltered growing up. For example, my younger brother doesn't know a single street around where I grew up and my family still lives and he is 16 haha..
  8. I'm curiouse about this as well. I live in Michigan and I don't know if anyone on here has payed attention, but medical marijuana is now legal in Michigan :hello:. I know instead of having dispensaries for the MJ, you get a license from a doctor to grow your own or have "a care giver" provide some for you. This said care giver can only provide MJ for up to 5 people. The laws aren't going to be fully drafted until April 4th at the latest. I don't have any real health issues that I could get marijuana for. No anxiety or pain problems. I wonder how I could go about getting the hook-up on some medical MJ.

    Here's the information page on Michigan's Medical Marijuana laws.,1607,7-132-27417_51869---,00.html

  9. Thus my point.

Grasscity Deals Near You


Share This Page