Moving an outdoor plant, indoors?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BearHugger, Jun 30, 2010.

1. I have a 3 month old plant that I've been growing in my garden outdoors. Recently however I've noticed ants, and other bugs have been attacking my shade leaves, and I've gotten slightly worried someone might see my plant.

I decided the best course of action would be to move the plant indoors, and I'm wondering if there were any specific causes for concern in doing so?

Basically the plant is mature enough so that I could start budding it right now if I wanted to (I've been holding off, and letting nature do its thing.) Essentially I'm worried I might kill my plant by keeping it in my bathroom. I don't have any specific lights, or ventilation systems installed. The only source of light is a small opaque window, and a low wattage, low energy consumption bulb with a shade.

Will keeping the plant in these conditions cause any harm?

2. Yes, i would say u probably need more than the window and regular lights for mature plants, it would be ok maybe if we was talkin about young ones..
    i know it can be done outside to inside, but u will need more light i think then what u have currently. GL.
    I personally would take the risk of someone seeing it, rather than bringing it inside-unless better lite is made. And try to camo it good

3. If its just one plant, buy 4 23w cfls. Look for the ones that say 2700k, thats the temperature you want to put it into flowering. That plus a couple cfl setups (the best setups for cfls are Y sockets,) only costs about 10 dollars and you can get it at your local home depot or lowes.

Good luck. :hello:

4. How about putting them back in my garden in the daytime for watering, but bringing them in the house at night?

At this point, I don't mind if I shock the plant into budding. I just want to avoid pests destroying my plant, or risk somebody seeing the plant.

5. Well, one of the first rules of pest control is to never bring an outdoor plant indoors. Because if your plant has a couple pests on it outdoors, thats ok, because there are natural preditors outdoors. But if you bring that infected plant indoors, they will thrive in a perfectly clean environment.

And you don't shock a plant into budding, it goes into flowering naturally in late july or if its indoors, when you set the light cycle to 12/12 in your grow room, it begins flowering.

I don't know what bringing it inside at night would do, if i was trying to keep it from going unseen i would put it outside at night.

6. well whats the point of bringing a plant outside at night? its not going to get ANY light if thats the case lol. Or am i missing something? W&B! <3

7. Well thanks for the advice, I'm still quite new to growing, amateur mistake I guess.