Moving 4 week flowering stage plant to cold garage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wild Cat, Mar 8, 2017.

1. #1 Wild Cat, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Hi everyone. This is my first attempt of self growing and have encountered a major issue - plant odour.
    My wife is threatening to throw my grow box outside, so I my only option is to move grow setup to the garage. I live in Scotland and currently temp outside is +8C (46F) and in the garage not much more maybe +10C (50F).
    I run 12/12, lights on from 8pm till 8am (lights ON over night). So during the cold nights lamps are giving some heat (4 x 23w CFLs and 1 x 10w CFL). Not sure if this will affect my buds and plant grow if they will go to the garage. My grow box is unused fish tank which I have crafted into neat setup (photos below). My plant is now in 4th week of flowering, i estimate 4 more weeks to go. It is Royal Queen Feminised (Herbies Mobile).
    If anyone could give an advice and whether this will kill my buds that would be great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pics are all broken

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. It shows on my phone and laptop OK

4. Not on here

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

5. i dont think we need picture to know that its probably too cold out there for your plants. Especially during the night cycle when the lights are off. The only way it will work is if you put a heater out there. Why not get an inline fan with speed controller and a phresh carbon filter. that will eliminate the smell to keep the wife happy and you can keep them inside. thats a win win in my book.

6. I have reposted images. Now should work :) Talk about beginners!

Lights are ON during the night hours from 8pm till 8am in the morning. Plant sleeps during the day when temp are more or less mild (well, toady it is 10C). I was thinking about the heater.. will see if i can find one.

7. Images reposted

8. pics are working now. she's looking good! Is there a way you could put the box out there without the plants in it to test it out to see where the temps would be at? it would suck to put them out there and have the temps be really cold for them, or even too hot if you get a heater. depending how big your garage is, i think its going to take a lot to keep it heated since you can't fit a heater inside your grow box. i still think a fan and filter is your best option, unless the wife is dead set on you moving it out there without trying to eliminate the smell. moving it out there isn't going to solve the smell, your just moving it. the smell could linger some where else that you might not want it to

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'd wrap insulation around it....leaving holes for air intake and out

• Like Like x 1
  10. Put the box out in garage with lights running when your girls are sleeping....test temps....if it's to cold in box ...wrap insulation around your box....or possibly use a well out heater if you need extra heat....but really wrapping insulation should help a bunch

• Like Like x 1
  11. wrapping it in insulation is a good idea, i dont know how i didnt think of it. i dont think disrupting the night cycle is a good idea when its in flower. unless he can move everything out there all at once and still monitor the temps without opening the box

• Like Like x 1
  12. i didnt see the external thermometer before i posted that. If you can get everything out there in one shot, id give it a shot and keep an eye on the temps

• Like Like x 1
  13. Get a carbon filter and continue to grow inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. I like the insulation idea!! This Friday is my deadline to find her a new home. Going to my local building store to find material. Thanks guys!!

15. Thanks Bongrips! I will go insulation route and let you all know what are my results.

16. I did consider this but wasnt 100% convinced it will eliminate smell completely. I'll try insulation instead. Luckily summer is upon us and will plant my next one in my garden greenhouse.

17. My suggestion is to get rid of your wife. Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  18. lol and put her in the garage instead!!! Man, I never thought about it.