Movin On

Discussion in 'General' started by Dizzy, May 9, 2022.

1. Luv Mexico, mostly pacific coast and San Miguel de Allende in the mountains. If I could afford it a abode in each place.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. I Always Wanted To Go To Mexico...My Best Friend From There An Talk About It A lot. Sounds Like A Interesting Place.

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Canada is pretty much the same as the US with a few small differences. So if you're looking for something really different this probably isn't it. Also, the immigration backlog is massive right now.

Canada’s immigration backlog now exceeds 2 million persons

Canada’s immigration backlog now exceeds 2 million persons

My brother's fiance has been in the system for a couple years now trying to get permanent residency

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Damn Man Nobody Lettin Folks In They Country SMH :(

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oldtimer said Costa Rica. The word is that Costa Rica is a great place for retirees to move to. Supposedly a small pension let's you live like a king. And they like Americans there, which is a plus. Friendly people and low crime. No personal experience, but several co workers over the years retired and moved there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. If you come to Australia move to my state and apply for disability payments.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Speaking as an expat in Australia, the path to residency is notoriously strict, lined with red tape, and quite expensive once you're over the age of 30, unless you can secure a sponsor in advance.

Or you arrive in a little boat, of course.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. I feel you on this, I’m tired of this society’s life style, to me this system is system of Babylon and I’m not for it, not saying my way will heal the world but I don’t understand why they want the whole world under one regime, why can’t they leave at least a few little islands for people who wanna live more naturally and free, after this grow I’m leaving I’ll still be in the states but I’m just gonna go with no money or anything until I arrive where I’m meant to be

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Canada is great, but I could see you getting bored there if you chose the wrong part of Canada to move to.

There's a lot of diversity just in the US. You don't necessarily have to change countries, as other people said.

Sometimes if you're feeling cooped up, all you need to do is travel or go on vacation, and you'll feel refreshed once you're back home, and grateful to be someplace familiar. It's easy to get bored being in one place for too long but it doesn't mean you have to give up your roots.

-Flaca's head steer(one of the well-intentioned humans in here trying to help her become herself again)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Thank You For The Great Advise Sis. Maybe We Will All Just Go Ona Vacay Some Where For A While.

~Toni~

11. Costa Rica, it's cheap, most everyone speaks English, good internet, great food, great wine, safe... One of my best friends lives very well there on about $1500/mo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Yea I Been Hearin Noting But Good Stuff Bout Costa Rica For A While Now!

~Toni~

13. I think you'd love it in the Bahamas. Good, simple, happy people. Lovely weather. Australia has been on me and the wife's radar, too, for the same reasons.

I've met 60+ people from Holland and every single one has been great. Can smoke there too.

I dont recommend Scandinavia. The standard of living is through the roof, but people here are hard to make friends with. I dont think you personally would like it.
    Denmark is the best of the three by a long shot. People are jovial, honest and funny.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Thank You For The Reply Viking. I Will Have To Think About It. IDK If We Really Movin Yet But We Might Go Ona Vacation Atleast! Those Places You Named Sound Really Nice!

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Feeling very irie right now, very connected and just wanna say many blessings and much love sent to you all and where ever the wind brings you may you be blessed with strength and good health and protection and keep on keepin on, hope you are all having a wonderful day

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. #36 BlackSpots, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
    Yes! Nothing like rampant political and law enforcement corruption combined with extremely violent and controlling criminal organizations trying to permeate all aspects of society. (Mexico)

Also, there's nothing like military conscription, artillery shelling from your northern neighbor, or nuclear weapons tests in your backyard. Not to mention a demilitarized zone from a conflict from 1950-1953, from which a peace treaty was never signed, and in which people still get killed. So the two countries are still at war. Or the kidnappings and killings outside of NK that they are known for.

I have nothing against Germany despite 20th century history. Let the repentant be. However, I've heard that housing is so well engineered in Germany, such as electrical systems, that even engineers cannot afford to buy homes, so they rent instead.

Perfectionism is something you will never find contentment in. Contentment on the other hand can lead one to a peaceful and fulfilled life. I believe in the rights that are given to all citizens in the U.S., and I believe in the equality we strive for. Even if it takes until the end of time, it is the worthwhile thing to do.