Movies for May

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Apr 27, 2018.

1. New kid Kai is talented but adrift, spending his days sulking and isolated in a small fishing village after his family moves from Tokyo. When he demonstrates a proficiency at making music on his synthesizer, his classmates invite him to join their nascent garage band, but their practice sessions soon bring an unexpected guest: Lu, a young mermaid whose fins turn to feet when she hears the beats and whose singing causes humans to compulsively dance - whether they want to or not.Japanese ...
    Score:4/10

The film is about Marlo, a mother of three including a newborn, who is gifted a night nanny by her brother. Hesitant to the extravagance at first, Marlo comes to form a unique bond with the thoughtful, surprising, and sometimes challenging young nanny named Tully. Good art.
    Score: 5/10

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry's hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the Yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor - finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World's Best Lover.
    Potty Mouthed Jerk looking for love with a 'Marvel' suit .Popular with teens and the loved lost
    Score: 4/10

"Pope Francis - A Man of His Word" is intended to be a personal journey with Pope Francis, rather than a biographical documentary about him. The pope's ideas and his message are central to this documentary, which sets out to present his work of reform and his answers to today's global questions.
    Gods man on earth a 96min Doc.
    Score: 2/10

'Let's Get Married'...Only Joking!
    Adapted by Ian McEwan from his bestselling novel, the drama centers on a young couple of drastically different backgrounds in the summer of 1962. Following the pair through their idyllic courtship, the film explores sex and the societal pressure that can accompany physical intimacy, leading to an awkward and fateful wedding night.
    Score: 7/10

2. #2 Vee, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in 'Solo: A Star Wars Story,' an adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga's most unlikely heroes.
    Score: 8/10

Never take your mistress on an annual guys' getaway, especially one devoted to hunting
    - a violent lesson for three wealthy married men.
    This was the last film I saw at The Overlook Film Festival, and they clearly saved the best for last. My absolute favorite of the fest. Lean, mean, grotesque and over the top, but somehow very controlled in its storytelling at the same time. The cinematography is fantastic, the performances far better than you'd expect from this sort of film. Only recommended for those with a strong stomach, an incredibly strong effort from a first time director.French
    Score: 9/10

A headstrong young girl in Afghanistan disguises herself as a boy in order to provide for her family.
    From the creators of The Secret of Kells & Song of the Sea comes an unexpectedly bleak, depressing & powerfully evocative story that's crafted with the same passion, devotion & intimacy as their previous efforts, and paints a dark, disturbing & daring portrait of life under the regime of terror. Arresting, enchanting & thoroughly captivating, The Breadwinner is another winning feature from Cartoon Saloon that not only establishes them as a strong creative force but also catapults them into the same league as Pixar, Laika & Studio Ghibli....Yawn
    Score: 4/10

The film follows fifteen-year-old Charley Thompson. He wants a home, food on the table and a high school he can attend for more than part of the year. As the son of a single father working in warehouses across the Pacific Northwest, stability is hard to find. Hoping for a new start they move to Portland, Oregon where Charley takes a summer job, with a washed-up horse trainer, and befriends a failing racehorse named Lean on Pete.
    Score: 7/10

Careful more than one movie has this same title.
    Mary is an ordinary young girl stuck in the country with her Great-Aunt Charlotte and seemingly no adventures or friends in sight. She follows a mysterious cat into the nearby forest, where she discovers an old broomstick and the strange Fly-by-Night flower, a rare plant that blossoms only once every seven years and only in that forest. Together the flower and the broomstick whisk Mary above the clouds and far away to Endor College - a school of magic run by headmistress Madam Mumblechook and the brilliant Doctor Dee. But there are terrible things happening at the school, and, when Mary tells a lie, she must risk her life to try to set things right. Based on Mary Stewart's 1971 classic children's book "The Little Broomstick", "Mary and The Witch's Flower" is an action-packed film full of jaw-dropping imaginative worlds, ingenious characters, and the stirring, heartfelt story of a young girl trying to find a place in the world. Not Boring at all Jim..lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. of special horrifc mention

A teen comes into possession of a new laptop and soon discovers that the previous owner is not only watching him, but will also do anything to get it back.
    Score:7/10

In this brutal, sexy, critically acclaimed debut thriller from UK director Michael Pearce, a disturbed woman finds herself caught between her oppressive family’s demands and her animalistic attraction to an alluring stranger who’s arrival in her life is suspiciously timed with a series of vicious murders in their isolated community.
    Score:8/10

When the most exciting horror festival in the country turns the tables on its zealous fan base by trapping them on the grounds and murdering them en masse, a group of teens armed with the knowledge of a thousand horror movies must fight their way through the bloodbath in this hilarious send-up of horror culture.

Stranded at the side of the road after a tire blowout, a group of friends become targets for an enigmatic sniper.
    Score:6/10

A young couple gets kidnapped and treated like farm animals after stopping at a roadside diner to eat meat.

4. Deadpool 2 should be good. Solo looks alright though I'm not a huge fan of the new Star Wars films though I will admit they're better than the prequels were. Haven't heard of any of the other movies you posted.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ok Deadpool 2 looks awesome but how have I not heard about Mary and the Witch's Flower?? This is the best thread. I'm so happy right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I haven’t heard of most of these except Deadpool 2 but saw a quiet place last month and it was great.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. #7 Vee, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018

Set in 1950's London, Reynolds Woodcock is a renowned dressmaker
    whose fastidious life is disrupted by a young, strong-willed woman,
    Alma, who becomes his muse and lover
    Daniel Day-Lewis win-win score 9.10

A teenager who witnesses the murder of his father
    vows to exact revenge on the four mobsters involved in the killing.
    old school gangsta BW 1961 score 5.10

The story follows Jack, a highly intelligent serial killer over the course of 12 years
    and depicts the murders that truly develop Jack as a serial killer. Matt Dillon
    Horror of the Year...score 8.10 out nov29

Mi5 Same-O ..Same-O.. Yawn ..out 727

Another bug hunt this time on Earth
    heres your arm knife thing https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Predator-Defensive-Sword-Blade/dp/B009ZVPSAM out 9.14

8. Wow they coming out with another mission impossible and predator movie I will have to tell my man!

~Toni~

9. I saw the Deadpool. I was expecting more from this movie.

• Agree Agree x 1