Movie recommendations?

Discussion in 'General' started by highandmighty, May 12, 2009.

1. Thinking about renting a movie tonight. I'm in the mood for either a trippy movie with a good story or something really funny. Any ideas?

2. requiem for a dream, forrest gump, fight club, the orange clockwork(favorite), one flew over the cukoos nest...etc:cool:

3. The movie Shrooms is pretty awesome.

4. its A Clockwork Orange

but yeah, thats a good movie. Check out Memento if you haven't seen it, it will blow your mind. Nolan rules.

5. not trippy, but i reccommend "lord of war." i hate nicholas cage with a passion, but i loved this movie.

6. A good movie to watch. "The ninth Gate" hands down. "in bruges" wasnt bad.

7. Any Tarentino Film is badass to watch when high, I recommend, Pulp Fiction or even the other half of Grindhouse "Terror Planet"

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLZ5AVHfnCs]YouTube - Reservoir Dogs - Little Green Bag[/ame]
    Resevoir Dogs. I just saw it last night and I totally love it.

And StonedSnake, its actually "Planet Terror", it was a double feature with "Deathproof" (also aweseome).

9. Yes :hello:

I'll add:

- Pan's Labyrinth (spelling is off probably too lazy to look it up)
    - Crash (movie is really intense if you are high)
    - Ocean's 11-13 (cheesy but good...but you probably have seen them already)
    - Dark Knight
    - Scarface
    - American Beauty (funny, good story, great acting, etc)
    - Wizard of Oz while playing Dark Side of the Moon album :smoking:

10. Waking Life
    Brilliant film. Amazingly thought provoking.

That and Lost in Translation. I dunno, it's really artistic, I love it.

11. Its Planet Terror

sorry for correcting everybody I just wanna make sure the guy gets the correct titles lol:eek:

12. Sorry man, my heads a mess, I can barely remember half the movie itself apart from the fact it was insane.

Reservoir Dogs is awesome considering it was Quentin's first film, I love the whole narration since it was after the event which the film is based around.

13. Lol, no need to apologize. But yeah, I've turned into a bit Tarantino fan lately, so I feel I gotta point those things out.

14. I second this notion, awesome movie. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is a good un'. Choke was also a decent flick, it was based on a book by the same author as "Fight Club".

15. V for Vendetta

16. Children of Men.
    The whole Brothers In Arms collection front to back(Make sure you have about a half ounce and a number for pizza.)
    Good Will Hunting

I forget the name of the other movie I was going to mention. Someone help me out.... It's about British soldiers in WW2, one of the soldiers is accused of rape or something and has to join the military and fight before he can go back and marry her.(Sounds bad but it's a good movie IMO.)

17. Blow
    Snatch
    Dog Day Afternoon
    um........

The Prestige

i can't think of any others right now

18. Anything by Gondry.

19. Nah, if you want the full experience, read the comics :)

20. Those are all stellar movies you guys came up with, a lot of them are favorites.

I ended up renting One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and Yes Man. I watched Yes Man and ended up falling asleep haha. It was pretty late though to be fair. It wasn't bad. I'm a total sucker for Zooey Deschanel and the guy from Flight of The Choncords who's in it is so funny.