Moved my plant

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by LilWoozie, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Hey guys I'm growing weed at my house and was in the middle of transplanting one of my plants and i think i messed up. I was cutting up a plastic cup that I was using and I tried to get the plant out of the cup when the dirt started to crumble and the root became more and more exposed. I managed to get it into the dirt, but I'm worried about any potential damage that was donw while i was trying to transplant it. I was doing this outside and it was exposed to air. It wasnt too long until i managed to get it back into the soil. My question is do you think the plant might die if it was just briefly exposed to the elements for a moment?

2. It will be fine. Cannabis is very tough. I have broken taproots and stalks and had them grow fine. Be easy on the water for a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don't stress. Should be fine. You may notice it be a little droopy at first but should start booming with growth once the roots get established.

• Like Like x 1
  4. O
    Ok thanks, this is like my second time moving a plant. I was pretty worried that I messed up royally.

5. Guys im tryna move my plant but cant.. ive used this cup multiple times b-4.. idk y this time it doesnt wanna release my plant & soil..

I would like to continue to use this cup in the future so i would like to try & solve this with out having to cut up the cup..

Any ideas on what happened &/or how i can get this b#%ch out of here & in to her new home thats just waitting on her, ready to go..

(With some super sized perlite pellets in it.. alot, so soil will remain nice and loose for roots under the surface)

Watered her too much cause i tried getting soil nice and moist to try n get it out with soft breaking down soil, but to no avail..

(Solid soil or soaked broken down soil.. still wont budge)

Plz help

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. I think it would be best if you let the soil dry out for a few days before you move it. Dry soil does not crumble as easy as wet or damp soil. At least, thats what ive read. If you want an alternative solution for a pot, i would suggest using a plastic 2 liter soda bottle or even a square gallon water jug from walmart, both of which are very cheap and allow your plant to grow a good size and as an added benefit, you can cut it up easily when you want to put your plant in its final home. Can i ask you how long it took you to grow your plant that big? 15489929936095370833677528685185.jpg 15489930198328446980993076660375.jpg 15489930446292369196051588120582.jpg

7. I agree with being able to cut the bottles up n toss them after words.. but you really should be using something not as clear as roots hate light..

Ive gotten other plants out with no issue ever..

Funny you mention a 2ltr bottle i use a 20oz bottle usually.. good minds huh?? Lol

I cover the 20oz bottle with some construc.. paper so roots wont be exposed to lights as they grow in..

The plant in the picture has been stunned by freezing conditions over & over in its short life.. its been in that cup since whats labeled on the cup..

How old are your plants bud??

• Like Like x 1
  8. My plants are a few weeks old. Maybe bordering on a month. I use a closet light to grow them. I unscrewed the lid off it and it turns out it has some very bright led lights inside. I use those lights to supplement its light exposure so I can encourage it to grow faster. Its still taking a while though.

9. They seem a lil stretched your light is a bit too far.. any stretchier they might get too top heavy & fall over..

When you repot (should be soon to avoid exposing roots to light) you can burry the main stem up to the cotyledon leaves to help support them up

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wait til shes dry ready for water roll the cup in ya ya a littlle flick the bottom a few times the v ya fingers round the stem turm upside down or if soils to crumbly gentky lift her out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ohh man i tried.. im really thinking i might have to cut this cup up & trash it afterwords..

I cant even remember what it originally was in order to make another 1 lol.. i have something new for my next run already.

• Like Like x 1
  12. image.jpg
    Had same thing happen. I was left holding plant by stem with almost zero soil on the lil root ball. It kept on trucking

• Like Like x 1
  13. Have you tried peat pots? They come in a bunch of different sizes and when it's time to transplant you can either put the whole thing in the new pot or just tear it apart and then transplant. Don't stress too much dude, these plants can be tough as nails.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just broke it loose and finally moved her..
    Here she is in her final home.. illbe taking cutting from here in a couple weeks

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. If you notice all thesmall holes i punched in to the cup.. thats what held the soil & plant in..

Punching those holes created claw like pieces inside the cup causing it to hold the soil in..

Kinda made my own air pot but didnt think if this when i first saw the plastic punched inward inside the cup.. will smooth inside of cup back out & continue to use