Moved clones to flower. Now they are wilting.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by FarmerJames, Jul 5, 2013.

1. I am running a RDWC system that will accommodate 6 plants in a 40 gallon tank. My last run was lost to what I believe was pythium. I had a chiller failure and unusually hot weather that allowed nute temps to hit 80+. After pulling the plants I drained, scrubbed and sanitized everything that touched the system. 3 gallons of bleach poured,sprayed and wiped on every surface. System rinsed and drained three times.

I happened to have two clones that did not fit that I left in my cloner for 7 weeks on water only. Surprisingly they were quite healthy. A bit gangly but nice looking otherwise.

I moved them into my flower room into the RDWC. 600watt hps. Lucas formula, 1340ppm, 6.2ph, 67F steady. Air temp 72-90F. Mostly below 85F.

They got droopy and I thought the move had stressed them. After 3 days they are looking worse.

Temp ok
    PH OK
    TDS OK
    02 ok (2 air pumps to 8 stones)

What else should I be looking at?

Thanks

FJ

2. Looking at my post I see that I may not have described the symptom well. The girls look very much like a plant in soil that needs water. Just plain droopy. Good color and no curling or cupping. Just saggy.

3. Tap water after 24 hours + nutes landed at 6.2 . Prefer 5.8 but I think 5.6-6.2 should be good.

4. #5 MedicalZombie, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
    If you look at the link that mmman posted, you'll see that you are locking out nutes at anything other than 5.8 ( 5.8 locks out zinc, but zinc is not too too important)

I maintain a 5.8 ph, adjust everyday, but its worth it.

5. These clones have been living happily on 7.1 ph tap water for 7+ weeks. I understand that 5.8 is ideal . My question is why are they getting worse. I have dropped ph from 7.1 to 6.2 and added nutes. Now they wilt?

6. You give them full dose of nutes?

7. No. TDS@ 1340ppm.

8. Ima say you fed em to much. 1340 for a clone seems like a lot

9. I have added water to bring TDS down to 900 and PH'd to 5.8

Leaves are starting to show chlorosys (sp?)

I would think that would indicate a nitrogen deficiency...

10. Air temps running 72-77F
    Nute temp 67F
    PH holding 5.8 solid
    TDS 900

I did discover that the timer for my fan that cools my lights was off time. The light has been running 3 hours every morning with no air circulation through the hood. Room fans run 24/7 and temps have been good.

Plants continue to decline. The one in the pic was 2 feet tall and happy when I moved her to flower.

Attached Files:

11. How far are plants from light?

Are you using calmag?

12. Light is about 2 feet above the plants.

No cal-mag yet. I have never needed it this early in the past. Think it could be a "sudden" mag deficiency??

Thanks

FJ

13. I'm not a pro, but it seems like it could be.

14. I did a bit of reading on Ca & Mg deficiencies and it does not look like adding a moderate dose would cause any harm even if the plants don't need it. So, I added 2.5ml/gal. this is likely to bump my TDS up a bit. As I left it:

PH 5.8
    TDS 940
    Nute temp 66.6F (dont like seeing 666 on my display :( )
    Air temp 77F
    RH 35%

15. Your good. 666 was the mark of Nero not satan.

I'm a religious guy too.

Religious? You want to talk religion, I'll knock your socks off? As far as Nero goes, the Preterist have it right in "that" regard. As far as the removal of guilt and defilement, most folks see it as a relative subjective standard. Not so, IMO!

666 is the number of "a" man. That man was Nero.

Your plant appears to be suffering from a period of ph imbalance, takes a while to recover.

I am more a victim of urban lore than anything else.....

I am a tad confused as to the PH issue. I do clearly understand the nutrient lockout at PH levels other than ideal. However, The girl in the picture is a clone that I did not have room for and left her in my cloner surviving on 7.2 PH tap water for many weeks as I have trouble throwing away a plant that is healthy. I finally moved her into flower and a nute solution with a PH of 6.2. Four days ago reduced nute level and adjusted PH to 5.8.

They continue to decline...