Mouth ulcers from not smoking

Discussion in 'General' started by Iceni Toker, Mar 27, 2012.

1. I smoke every night usually, but I've noticed every time I take a T-break I always get 2-3 mouth ulcers appear shortly after. Does anybody else get this?

I guess it's because I don't get as much sleep, therefore feel more stressed and that's what causes them. I just want to know if i'm alone in this? Hurts like a fucking bastard.:mad:

2. Hmm that's odd.

Id suggest hitting up a doctor for some answers man.

3. I get random lacerations in my mouth like every couple weeks ..

I'll just wake up.. And have cuts on my gums and teeth.

Idk trips me out and hurts but idk why or where they come from.

My theory is that I'm a more restless sleeper when I'm I don't smoke so I bite and grind my teeth a lot in my sleep..

4. #5 Ẅest Čoast, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    OP, go see a doc ASAP. It's not any kind of withdraw symptom if that's what you're thinking. And don't spend time on google researching mouth ulcers, you'll just scare yourself more. Go see a doc.

The cuts and lacerations on the lining of the mouth could be from the smoke itself. Remember, most of you are smoking weed bought off some dealer off the streets. Who knows where they got it from. More than likely growers who grew that bud, used harsh non-organic nutes. And even if he/she flushed the plant before the chop, there will still be some nutes left. If you have a sensitive mouth, the smoke will be harsh on your mouth and fuck your shit up.

Also, it can be gingivitis. Supposedly studies show that 1 out of 2 people will have a mild case of gingivitis and not even know it. It's when gingivitis is in advanced stages, do you start noticing problems with your gums/teeth.

5. You may be exactly right about your T-breaks causing your cold sores- these are a different type of herpes, but if cannabis slows one type of Herpes simplex, it likely will slow the others! (Herpes simplex issuch a nasty little "bug"- causes cancer, genital herpes, and cold sores! :mad: )

Cannabis May Help Combat Cancer-causing Herpes Viruses (news - 2004)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis May Help Combat Cancer-causing Herpes Viruses[/FONT]

Suppressive effect of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on herpes simplex virus infectivity in vitro (abst - 1991) Suppressive effect of delta-9-tetrahyd... [Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1991] - PubMed - NCBI

Stress has been shown to set off cold sores. But there are other factors, too, that may be the cause!

Zinc deficiency can do it- (CAUTION- too much zinc (40 mg/ day) can make you nauseous and sick! :( You need only 8 to 11 mg per day! More is definitely NOT better!)

Comparative analysis of salivary zinc l... [Dent Res J (Isfahan). 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

You may want to take a long hard look at your diet! Eat more vitamin "A"-rich foods (carrots, cantaloupes, apricots, yellow squash and yams) to build up your immune system. Get more salads, whole grains and fish in your daily diet! :D

Granny :wave:

6. I think he is talking about canker sores inside his mouth. Aren't Herpes sores found around the mouth?

7. As far as I know they can present both in or around the mouth. I can't add much to wether or not these ulcers are resulting from t breaking, I havent had a break in years and have nevr really noticed this .. However op when I got these ulcers inside the mouth in the past swishing with antiseptic mouth wash several times in a day got rid of mine within a day or two .. You may wana give that a shot

8. #9 Iceni Toker, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    Yeah I mean Canker sores, not herpes lol. Definitely not herpes.

I mean there's nothing special about them, just normal canker sores. My diet is pretty shitty and like I said I sleep terribly when not smoking, usually miss a full night or two of sleep, so I guess that's what it is, it's just so damn annoying!

I'm still going to see the doctor though, I seem to get canker sores a lot more than my family and friends.

9. Brush your teeth with %3 regular hydrogen peroxide. If you can handle it the taste is not great but it will whiten your teeth and heal your gums/mouth. ps don't swallow it. some even mix baking soada with H202.

you problem will be gone in 4 days.