Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mouth Swab Drug Test

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bullwinkle60, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Has anyone taken a premployment drug test by having the inside of your mouth swabbed? And how long must you abstain to pass such a test. Than you

2. I had a bit of a surprise mouth swab once. I had smoked the night before. I brushed my teeth really well, flossed, mouthwashed, and then chewed gum until the test. Everything was fine. Normal dental hygiene is all it takes to "fool" a mouthswab test.

3. ^ He's right! Just have excellent oral hygiene and I wouldn't smoke for 24 hours before the test just to be on the safe side. :D

Granny :wave:

4. haha yeah i dont endorse smoking the night before....not a good idea if you know its coming.

5. Now I don't know what the fuck happened because my brother in law failed and he abstained for 40 hours pre test. Do you think it has to do with the thc content of the weed. I mean the stronger the weed the more likely you are to fail. Any comments, please and thank you.

6. maybe...but I mean i had been smoking some daaaaaank homegrown from a lifelong friend of mine for like weeks before the test....so i'd have to say no from my experience.

7. Thanks, I guess he is just more sensitive because I've heard from several others who passed under similar or even worse circumstances.

8. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']^ He's right! Just have excellent oral hygiene and I wouldn't smoke for 24 hours before the test just to be on the safe side. :D

Granny :wave:[/quote]

Actually it's 3-5 days ..... So 5 days would be safer

There was a thread a few days back where the op was 3 days clean and still failed

9. after my experience with a mouthswab i just have to question these people who fail's oral hygiene. I mean my test was at a time where I didn't have to work and classes were out for the summer so i was smoking like constantly. ( i think it was between high school and me being an adult haha) or maybe i'm just lucky....but the evidence isn't stacking up for that.

10. I've passed many times whether I smoke at least 12 hrs prior or more.

I workout and eat healthy along with good oral care so I guess that's the reasons why I been passing.

11. I'm even kinda fat and don't exercise regularly....i forgot to mention that haha. it is relavent.

12. [quote name='"IBALL904"']I've passed many times whether I smoke at least 12 hrs prior or more.

I workout and eat healthy along with good oral care so I guess that's the reasons why I been passing.[/quote]

That's fine if you have but others will fail and those who fail will be because they smoked 12 hours before after reading your test .......

If you wanna pass 100% wait 5 days

13. [quote name='"CaliBudE"']

That's fine if you have but others will fail and those who fail will be because they smoked 12 hours before after reading your test .......

If you wanna pass 100% wait 5 days[/quote]

Even if I smoke I smoke on the weekend only?

14. I didn't smoke 24 hours before mine. Ate a unhealthy breakfast full of fat cleaned my teeth real good then drank a dr pepper and i passed mine.