Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mouth-smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by StevenTyler77, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I've found this article on Erowid.org. It's about mouth-smoking weed:

Erowid Cannabis Vault : Mouth-Smoking

I've never heard of this practice. I always thought that one needs to get the smoke in their lungs. What do you think about it? Have you ever smoked it this way? Does it work? I guess larger quantities of the plant matter would be required to get a decent high, but, as uneconomical as it sounds, would it work?

2. [quote name='"StevenTyler77"']I've found this article on Erowid.org. It's about mouth-smoking weed:

I've never heard of this practice. I always thought that one needs to get the smoke in their lungs. What do you think about it? Have you ever smoked it this way? Does it work? I guess larger quantities of the plant matter would be required to get a decent high, but, as uneconomical as it sounds, would it work?[/quote]

It sounds like a waste unless you have lung problems.
    Totally makes sense though... Yea I'm 100% sure it works. Just gets absorbed differently.

3. [quote name='"StevenTyler77"']I've found this article on Erowid.org. It's about mouth-smoking weed:

I've never heard of this practice. I always thought that one needs to get the smoke in their lungs. What do you think about it? Have you ever smoked it this way? Does it work? I guess larger quantities of the plant matter would be required to get a decent high, but, as uneconomical as it sounds, would it work?[/quote]

Yea I can see how it works... Instead of absorbing through the spongy tissues of the lungs(which would absorb better) it absorbs through ur thick skin in ur mouth (much harder to absorb) nd ur nose molucas or whatever are a little easier to absorb

4. sounds like a complete waste of weed.

5. You can't "mouth smoke" you inhaling puts the smoke directly in your lungs. The term inhaling means inhaling clean fresh air afterwards to hold in the smoke and have it deep in your lungs.

6. [quote name='"wuidd420"']sounds like a complete waste of weed.[/quote]

Agreed^
    just take it straight to the lungs you get higher and Ur weed doesnt go to waste.

7. Works with cigars, why not weed?

8. That is just what girls do at parties.

9. [quote name='"mambugaw"']Works with cigars, why not weed?[/quote]

what cigar do you smoke that gets you high?

10. Since I only smoke cigars around once a year or two I will get a really huge rush of euphoria toward the end of the cigar, much more intense than weed but lasts around 10 minutes.

11. [quote name='"mambugaw"']

Since I only smoke cigars around once a year or two I will get a really huge rush of euphoria toward the end of the cigar, much more intense than weed but lasts around 10 minutes.[/quote]

huh. i'll smoke a cigar every once in a while and i've never felt anything. lol

12. Yeah, I've seen a friend do this once (she is not a stoner). She certainly didn't get high. I also kind of mouth-smoked half of my first joint ever, because I was unable to get the smoke into my lungs (bad technique). But I didn't get high at all, until I actually managed to take a real hit. That's why I was skeptic when reading this article, since I didn't get high at all while inadvertently doing this...

13. Yeah it works but you would have to toke much more THC to get high, cuban cigars do the same thing because they have much more nicotine than cigarettes so you inhale through the mouth

14. #14 Calixkings, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2017

So, I know this is reviving a dead post. Sorry guys.

Have you ever seen a tobacco pipe or cigar smoker. I happen to be both and that is not going in your lungs. Inhaling is breathing into your lungs. Mouth smoking is putting suction on whatever's smoking and drawing it into your mouth, not taking a bongload into your lungs. That gives you a much stronger effect from the tobacco with less material that a cigarette.

In response to the OP:

Yes, it works, but not well. If you like the taste of weed or have grip and don't want to inhale it will, eventually effect you. Not in the same way, and unlike tobacco, less instead of more strong. And like edibles, it is not the exact same effects as inhaling and holding in a bowl.

So for 99.999% of the population it's a " why bother?" But, it will, in fact, work somewhat. If your a pipe smoker with a bunch of pipes and don't mind one being altered a bit by the resin, it's pretty tasty mixed with the right pipe blends.

• Like Like x 1