Mountain Bikers Unite!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by dropinbiking, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Wow I've got a lot of catching up to do...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Got my mountain bike out to blue mountain the last few seasons. This is the same bike I broke my tail bone on years ago. She's held up great.

Anyone here ride blue mountain bike park?

I did do a rebuild on it the start of this year, just to make sure it was up to par. It's got new pads and a fresh bleed. Hubs are cleaned and repacked. Rear fork I serviced and oiled and setup correctly (ran it way off for a long time)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. henson and dem are alive

4. Pretty nice short ride today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pretty nice ride today, around 12.5 miles, sunny, around 92.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. That scenery is beautiful, I wish I could ride stuff that nice! I've had to improvise from ATV trails around here, or just make my own stuff. I rode this rock waterfall line a few times, it was hella sketchy. Been doing a lot of urban riding on my old school P2. Do a lot of snow riding just around my area to kill time. It's a nice way to learn bike control and be able to handle mud and slimy conditions.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. From today, fuckn' hot, probably the last time we will see mid 90s, hopefully.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Good mountain bikes pricey af!

9. Good mountain bikes pricey af!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. they sure as hell are!

my last few came from either Craigslist or FB marketplace and I spent less than half MSRP on my bike when it was 4 years old. one previous owner.
    I'm on a 2013 Specialized Demo 8 I-Carbon right now for most rides, even though it's often complete overkill and a lot of extra weight to push up hills.

you don't have to get anything crazy starting out, though! a good quality, lower end bike (like a Cannondale Catalyst or something) will keep up with most new riders for a few seasons. I have gone through many bikes, and I personally climbed the ladder as I broke beefier and beefier bikes taking them down stuff they probably should've have gone down, lol.

so I'm simultaneously punishing and rewarding myself with a beast of a bike for the time being :)

[​IMG]

11. Really nice ride/day, around 70, sunny. Smoked some Sour Tangie on the way up and on top.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. I road blue mountain alone for the first 5 years I came here. I was huge into downhilling coming from the much larger BC trails and enjoyed the tight trails blue had to offer. I ended up moving here but also sold both my rigs and took up other hobbies as i wasn't able to find anyone other than some folks at John Squires to ride with.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. #333 COrecweed, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    From today, pretty nice ride/day. Smoked some Jilly Bean.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. sweet scenery, @COrecweed

I got out on my bike a few times last week, but the wet and cold have been slowing me down. 2013 Specialized Demo 8 I Carbon. sucks because I've spent more time on it in urban areas than in nature this last month.

thinking about when I should send my fork and shock off for servicing. I haven't quite put the 50 hours on it that I like to in between services so I've got some riding to fit in if I can.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Awesome. I went a year and a half without servicing my fork and shock, and everything was ok, I'm pretty sure I put over 50 hours that they recommend. Right now I'm going for a year and see how they are at that time.

16. I got given a bike for xmas free of charge. It needs pedals, a chain and bar grips but ill service and fit everything myself and start riding again. I'll post a pic soon.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Here's the bike i mentioned. adjusted brakes and bars today, also put pedals on.

bike1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Man I haven't biked in forever. I remember just about a year and a half ago I was biking at least 6-10hrs a week year round, even biking through the snow.

20190128_121637.jpg

Have to get a new seat, new grips, break/shift cables and lines, replace the front 203mm rotor/ caliper, and see about getting the fork tuned up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I ride daily to this spot to get exercise and to enjoy the view and a bud. The Lightbar on the Front Spoke allows me to send pictures from my phone by bluetooth to the tire.
    marinaspot.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  20. New drivetrain, did get me up a part of a trail I could not do before.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]