Mountain Bikers Unite!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by dropinbiking, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Really nice ride today, the climb up kicked my ass more than usual today. Smoked a joint of Zeta Sage on the ride.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Did a couple of new trails today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Went on a really nice ride today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Right on! That looks awesome!

5. These are awesome trails. Mind if I ask where there located? I’m making a trip to Colorado soon.
    Any big kickers on these trails?

• Like Like x 1
  6. First one's were KoKo Trails in Loma, today was Butterknife in Third Flats Area Grand Junction all these trails can be found on MTBProject. What are big kickers?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maybe it’s a California thing lol. Me/my friends call huge jumps kickers. 10+ foot drops/jumps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. No nothing like that.

9. Some pretty big drops in Free Lunch, if you like roller coaster shit, checkout 18 Rd.

10. 89298C94-3BA9-42CA-851C-1C55F14390CF.jpeg

Hey everyone names “brake pad brad” been mountain biking since the late 80’s from Medford, Oregon to Seattle, Washington. Mostly just riding up and down I-5 hitchhiking when I can, I’ll go wherever the dope is, you guys know what I mean, right?
    Whenever I need to steal a bike to get around, I always go for a mountain bike. I’m a big garage thief and a lot of people here in oregon have mountain bikes laying around. Right now I’m rockin a giant kinda a heavy frame gets me around but in a pinch I can sell it to the metal man enough to get me a nickel bag.
    I usually live in tough terrain so I need transportation that’s reliable. Tent cities gettin torn down in Eugene and Portland so I’m going back to Seattle to live under the boardwalk again. But for now I’ve got my tent set up on some abandoned rail road tracks and no beach cruisers gunna get me home safe if ya know what I mean.
    Any of you guys in Oregon?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Very interesting story break pad Brad. However if I catch ya stealing my bike the last thing you’ll see is the headlights on my Chevy. And uhhhh that’s like 2 cents in steel so good luck with a dime bag lmao.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Nice ride today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hahahaha

14. Went out to 18 Rd. today, first time this year. Met a cool dude out on the trail, we smoked the half joint I still had left, then when we got back at the trailhead, we smoked a joint laced with sugar wax he had. Got pretty fucked up, missed my turn on the way home. About 80, sunny, with some clouds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. 3CFA6151-F17C-49F7-AF1B-068165C34AB5.jpeg
    Sup dudes “Speedball Steve” here that’s me on a custom huffy bombin a hill in NW Portland. Was up there prowling if ya know what I mean dudes.
    I’m real heavy into custom bikes I’ve got lots of bikes laying around my camp and I tweak on them for days literally lol.
    Made this bike out of some 10 speed handlebars I stole from a chained up bike downtown and a huffy I got at the skate park I was camping by. some little shit was throwing rocks at me so I stole his bike when he was using the bathroom.

B61A4DF1-1776-4A29-91CE-CF80CD002BE8.jpeg
    Hey brake pad brad you say your in Portland I’m over in Gresham trying to dodge a warrant in clackamas county I’m living behind the library. If you need any parts or a new ride come see me I can hook ya up.

• Like Like x 2
  16. From today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. photo dump:

[​IMG]
    ^RaceFace tail pad

[​IMG]
    ^the drop in at a MTB Park we rode a while bike while driving through the area on a road trip

[​IMG]
    ^my bike, which I’m actually in the process of selling and upgrading from

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gorilla you seriously geekin

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  19. From today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]