Mould resistant strains

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JoMommaNoid, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

Just had a couple of questions.
    My friend of a friend etc...dabbled in indoor gardening for a little while now...among other things grown are tomatoes and naga jolokia chilli.
    Fluoro in a panda-filmed wardrobe for vegging, 600wHPS in an indoor elements mylar tent of appropriate size for flowering. At the moment 10 litre buckets (larger pots intended) with Coco and maybe 15% perlite mixed, along with about an inch of ?Hydronton? clay balls down the bottom of each for drainage. Canna A&B and pk13-14, a little molasses (last time, maybe again), hand watered, with an inline fan that extracts from a cool-tube.
    At the moment they have some snow white widow seeds germinating that have just sprouted and some random bagseed.

Primarily I'd like to talk about mould resistant strains but I guess there's a few general questions as well, so bear with me...any assistance on anything under discussion would be appreciated.
    First of all, pk 13-14, will this eliminate the need/purpose of the molasses? From what I understand it will though I'm not sure.

So last time they were rather small as they were kind of pre-sexed by going into flower early and not re-vegged. They were bulky for their size though and looked pretty nice...only problem was towards the end mould was discovered between the time the trichs went clear-white on some, white-amber on others.
    It wasn't external mould. It was internal mould.
    The first sign of this was one cola looking limp and darkened, this ended up getting thrown away...though yeah progressively as they were inspecting the still-healthy ones, more was found...internal stuff looking as though it started with very fine white web originating from the stem, and a general "rotting" type deal in areas close to it.
    About 1/3 of what there would have been was discarded, and unfortunately what WAS ok, was not very dense, and not right at the amber stage...
    What there was left was great...but yield suffered somewhat due to lack of vegging and probably these health issues.

Now I've heard a few theories on reasons.
    Short/fat stature, not enough ventillation (fair enough), molasses, perhaps overwatering, also the fact they were flushed in a bathroom that has mould on the roof?
    Perhaps all?
    So of course measures are being taken this time to fix these issues.

Though, these mould-resistant strains have me thinking...
    How do they work exactly?
    Has anyone here tried them that can testify to these things actually working when they've had mould issues in the past/similar conditions?
    Does anyone know of one that's relatively user friendly, good potency and medium-high yield? I mean it doesn't have to be up there with the monsters but a nice chunky size would be good. Indica preferably but one of these days, wouldn't mind trying a sativa (never have).

Anyways, if you've read this far - talk to me.

2. *BUMP*

Anyone?